BURN CF 38L | 2300 CI
The FKT Record Setter
WEIGHT: 13 oz | 345 gm
CAPACITY: 38L | 2300 CI
LOAD LIMIT: 22 lbs | 10 kg
NOTE: AUG 28, 2018: DCF Packs ordered now will be a Medium Gray Color. Pictures Soon!
MED and LG Burns now have have wider 3″ straps and updated padded hip belt wings. 29″ minimum Girth.
Small Burns have 2.5″ straps and padded hip belt wings. 27″ minimum girth.
(Pictures show old Burn and will be updated soon.)
The Burn CF is the DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) twin of the Burn 38L | 2300 CI, a pack that has been used by many FKT (fastest know time) record setting thru-hikers including three time Triple Crowner Lint Bunting.
FKT, or “Fastest Known Time,” is the fastest time hikers, bikers, runners, and other endurance athletes have completed a certain trail or distance. The ethos behind FKT is self-reliance. The FKT concept includes personal FKT’s – Your Own Personal Goal. To achieve a personal FKT gear is trimmed to the minimum and knowledge and training become key factors; movement is calculated to be as efficient as possible regardless of your overall speed or daily mileage.
The Burn CF 38L is here to help you meet your own FKT goals – ultralight, ultra-strong, and optimized in every way to make you faster, lighter, stronger.
NOTE: Optional hip belt pockets, shoulder strap pockets, and pack lids are available in Stealth Grey only.
DCF (DYNEEMA® COMPOSITE FABRIC A.K.A. CUBEN FIBER) VERSION FEATURES
• DCF version is seam taped inside for better water resistance. Keys areas are also liquid seam sealed. It’s not as water resistant as a dedicated River Style Dry Bag but does a good job of rain protection. Use of stuff sacks inside encouraged, but there is no need for an additional pack liner or rain cover.
• DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) is a little stiffer material making is a bit easier to load.
• DCF version uses a roll top design integrated into the side compression system for simplicity.
• DCF version does not have the bottom volume reduction loops, hydration ports or inside hang loops
• DCF version is the same size and constructed as the Dyneema version
• DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) does not absorb water: The pack has slightly fewer straps, so it will weight 1- 3 oz less when wet in prolonged rains.
• The White colored DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) makes the interior brighter to help locate gear in low-light.
• We love the awesome white color!
• DCF version uses a double-thick lower back panel in DCF + Dyneema X for abrasion resistance.
• DCF version uses the same EVA padded shoulder and hip belts.
• DCF version weighs slightly less
BURN DESIGN FEATURES
• NEW FOR 2017: Curved Side Panels: A slight curve from the waist to the shoulders moves the load closer to the upper back for more comfort. This also creates a slightly larger main compartment higher in the pack that helps load control by moving the heavier and higher packed gear higher to reduces shoulder stress.
• S-shaped unisex comfort shoulder straps are 2.75″ wide X 0.8″ thick and are SuperWick mesh lined with full-length highest quality 1/2″ thick EVA foam padding. Our shoulder straps are thicker and wider than most lightweight packs. Half length daisy chain saves weight and accepts all Shoulder Strap Pouches.
• Hybrid Mesh/Dyneema X Side and Rear Pockets. The leading edge of the side pockets are Dyneema X to prevent snagging when moving through the bush. The lower 5″ of the rear pocket is Dyneema X to prevent abrasion from sharp contents or butt sliding accidents. The 4 oz sq/yd open hole non-stretch water and drains fast to allow contents to dry faster than a tight stretch mesh or solid fabric. Dyneema X elastic top sleeves for long term Durability and elastic replacement.
• Large padded lightweight Dyneema X hip-belt wings with 1″ webbing and ultra lightweight buckle. Optional removable Hip Pocket can be attached.
• Large, slanted mesh side pockets are deep enough for a 2 L Platypus. Top bungee sleeves of Dyneema X for long term durability vs. cheaper style wrapped tops of uncovered elastic bands. Pocket adjusts by pulling the bungee closed through the cord lock. Bungee is 1/8″ thick 40 below rated elastic in a nylon sheath style bungee. Many lower priced packs simply bind over the top of the raw mesh with regular garment type elastic that loses it’s stretch in a few years and does not do well in deep cold weather.
• 12 bungee attachment web loops with 7 mm glide rings for multiple attachment points for load compression and gear lashing. A short loop of 3 mm line can be attached to the lower loops for trekking pole and ice ax attachment
• Removable Multi-position “Most Awesome Sternum Strap In The World” with Black Whistle-Lock Buckle 0.5 oz (not included in base pack weight)
• Long shoulder straps terminate in hand/finger rest loops.
• 10″ of black 1/8″ bungee cord
• 2 mini cord clips and 3 cord locks