EXODUS 55L | 3500 CI
Backpacker Magazine: Best UL Pack
WEIGHT: 18 oz | 510 gm
CAPACITY: 58 L | 3500 C|
LOAD RANGE: 18 – 25 lb | 8 – 12 kg
The unisex Exodus 58L | 3500 CI pack is the lightest full-size, full-featured, frameless pack made, which might just explain why it won Backpacker Magazines Reader’s Choice Award for Best UltraLight Backpack! This professional level frameless backpack was designed for serious lightweight backpackers. It’s a thru-hikers dream come true!
2020 AWARD : Exodus Backpack #1
Top 10 Ultralight Backpacks of 2020
“The Exodus is exactly what I need. Perfect size, perfect fit; good grief I can’t believe it took me 5 Thru-Hikes to FINALLY find my perfect pack. Wow! Thru-Hike number 6 coming up and I’m ready to roll!” – THRU HIKING LEGEND LINT
The Exodus made two full thru-hikes with Triple, Triple Crowner Lint Bunting before he downsized to an MLD Burn (which joined him on his next three thru-hikes!) What makes this UL pack so darn tough?
Strategic design, multiple cutting-edge details, quality UL hardware, and superb MLD craftsmanship. All our seams are double or triple stitched, and each pack has over 50 strategic strength bartacks. Every detail is painstakingly thought out.
NOTE: Hip belt pockets, shoulder strap pockets, and pack lids are available in Stealth Grey ONLY – regardless of pack color.
NOTE: The only difference between the current Exodus and Prophet is that the Exodus has a 5″ taller top extension collar and a 1.5″ hipbelt webbing. The Exodus also has the XL torso size option for those 6’2″ – 6’6″.
• One of the most supportive and cushioned hip belts in any sub 20oz frameless pack. Padded SuperWick Mesh lined waist belt wings with 1.5″ webbing and buckle. Girth adjusts from 30″ to 45″.
• S-shaped, comfort shoulder straps: 3″ wide X .8″ thick, SuperWick Mesh lined with full length highest quality 1/2″ thick EVA foam padding. Our shoulder straps are thicker and wider than most all other lightweight packs. Shoulder strap lower pack attachments are isolated from the hip belt for move comfort. Yes: Comfort is in the details.
• Curved, SuperWick Mesh lined ergonomically shaped shoulder straps with full-length daisy chains to mount water bottle and accessory pouches. These are very comfortable shoulder straps and are super tough.
• Curved Side Panels: A slight curve from the waist to the shoulders moves the load closer to the upper back for more comfort. This also creates a slightly larger main compartment higher in the pack that helps load control by moving the heavier and higher packed gear higher to reduces shoulder stress.
• Hybrid Mesh/DX 210D Ripstop Side and Rear Pockets. The leading edge of the side pockets are DX 210D RipStop to prevent snagging when moving through the bush. The lower 5″ of the rear pocket is DX 210D Ripstop to prevent abrasion from sharp contents or butt sliding accidents. The 4 oz sq yd open-hole non-stretch drains fast to allow contents to dry more quickly than a tight stretch mesh or solid fabric. DX 210D Ripstop elastic top sleeves for long term Durability and elastic replacement. Slanted side mesh pockets are deep enough for a 2L Platy. Pocket top bungee sleeves of DX 210D Ripstop for long term durability. Pocket adjusts by pulling the bungee closed through the cord lock. Many lower priced packs simply bind over the top of the raw mesh with regular garment type elastic that loses it’s stretch in a few years and doesn’t stretch in deep cold weather.
• 4oz sq/yd Open Hole non-stretch mesh. Stronger than stretch mesh that is twice the weight. Easy to field repair, does not absorb water and drains fast. DX 210D RipStop elastic top sleeves for long term Durability and easy bungee elastic replacement.
• Dual ice axe/trek pole loops.
• The main bag is large enough for a solo bear canister vertical or horizontal depending on how you pack your sleep pad.
• Removable Multi-position “Awesome Sternum Strap” with Black Whistle-Lock Buckle 0.5 oz (not included in base pack weight)
• Side V compression straps with full strength buckles.
• Dry Bag roll top closure with V-top compression strap.
• Long shoulder straps terminate in hand/finger rest loops.
• Sternum Strap +.7oz
• 10″ of black 1/8″ bungee cord 2 mini cord clips and 3 cord locks – About +1oz