A HELL OF A PACK
WEIGHT: 9.8 oz | 247 gm
27L DIMENSIONS: 9.5″ x 5.25″ x 26″ | 25 cm x 14 cm x 66 cm
CAPACITY: 27 L | 1700 CI. (25L Pack Body + 2+L Stretch Pocket)
LOAD RANGE: 15 – 20 lbs | 7 – 9 kg
HELL YES!!! Congratulations, you are going to HELL…In STYLE. What can we say? The MLD HELL PACK is a Hell of a pack.
• NEW Challenge UltraGrid Eco Fabric in Black Beauty, Red Chili, and Avocado
• 80% Recycled Nylon + 20% Double RipStop 200d UHMWPE
• 2X stronger than older single strand Dyneema, Spectra, Robic Gridstop.
• More abrasion resistant than older 210d ripstop Nylon/Poly.
• 1500mm PU Coating
• Non Toxic C0 DWR Coating (No “Forever” Chemicals)
• Looks Awesome
The Hell Pack 27L combines pure function with the fewest number of seams, straps, or buckles. These HELL PACKS are for experienced UL Hikers who have their kit and trail technique dialed in small and tight.
The HELL PACK 27L is perfect for overnights, SUL weekends, climbing, running, skiing, hiking, bikepacking, summit runs, alpine attacks, and as a stealth travel carry-on pack.
The Norse God Hel rules over Hell, and she doesn’t tolerate extra BS on her pack. Let’s bring it on down to HELLTOWN.
• NEW 2023 Challenge UltraGrid. Hellishly Good!
• 2.5″ EVA foam padded shoulder straps are .7″ thick.
• One big wrap-around Nylon/Lycra Heavy Duty Stretch pocket is a 9oz abrasion-resistant mesh to match the pack’s body durability. OK to bushwhack or ride on top of the chicken bus.
• Deep stretch pockets. Will hold tall water bottles very securely.
• Center daisy chain with ice axe loop.
• Side strap bungee web loops: string bungee, secure foam pad to back, attach horizontal compression bungee, etc.
• The bottom of the pack is folded up .75″ to get the mesh off the ground and extend durability.
• Over-the-top V-Strap.
• Roll-top with a center snap.
• 1″ removable webbing hipbelt.
• 40+ Bartacks for strength. All seams are double-sewn or more.
• Rolled-up and compressed size is about 1L for packing as a summit pack or travel/carry-on day pack.
• 1″ removable webbing hipbelt +1.5 oz / 38 gm
• 3/4″ Most Awesome Sternum Strap w/ whistle. +.6 oz / 15 gm
• 10ft / 3m of 1/8” black bungee cord and cordlock +.1.2 oz / 30 gm
Jibby (verified owner) –
I haven’t had the time to put a lot of miles on this pack yet, but I’m already loving it. It is clean, simple and beautifully made. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the 27L could easily fit my summer Sierra gear which includes a bare boxer canister (upright). I’ve logged around 30 miles on the pack now with 17lbs of gear, food and water and even without attaching the hipbelt and sternum strap the pack is remarkably comfortable. The narrowness and low profile of the pack also makes it pretty usable for light trail running even while carrying a clunky bear can. I’ve owned and loved a Burn for a few seasons now, but with the Hell 27L I think I’ve found my perfect pack. Here is a list of what I could fit in this pack with room in the extension collar to spare: WM Summerlite, S2S Ultralight Insulated pad, Bare Boxer 101 with 3.5 days of food, tarp and bathtub ground sheet, S2S nano mosquito net, Patagonia Ultralight down hoody, Patagonia thermal weight hoody, Frogg Toggs Emergency jacket, wind pants and jacket, sleep socks, fleece gloves, 3/4 length merino bottoms, first aid, toiletries and electronics. In the mesh pockets: 2 smart water bottles, trowel, Sawyer squeeze, evernew water pouch, snacks and a buff also with room to spare. Buy this pack! It is awesome.
Graeme Tyson (verified owner) –
After trying pack after pack trying to find the ultimate daypack I eventually took the plunge and opted to try the Hell. I’ve only had it a week and I’ve already put it straight to the test with 2 day hikes and an overnighter already, clocking up around 50 miles. It exceeds my needs in the best way possible and will carry more than I need for a day hike and is large enough for a lightweight weekend if I fancy staying out for an extra day. Build quality is perfect, totally flawless and the features are perfect. Comfort wise for me this pack is second to none, I love the narrow pack shape and with the 2 sternum straps I opted for instead of using the waist belt it’s like it’s glued to your back so it could easily be used for trail running or mountain biking with minimal movement. Carrying an average of 13lbs of gear, food and water is a breeze and I find the large size I bought fits me perfect at 6’ tall.
My only regret is not buying the gear pocket for the shoulder strap as I’m missing the fact I don’t have the waist pockets that I’m used to, but that’s an error on my part.
Do I recommend…
… Hell yeah!
Frank (verified owner) –
Just a beautiful and simple design for dialed in kits. I can’t stress how comfortable the shoulder straps are as well (just keep your base weight down.) I can’t see me using any other pack.
rlydsd (verified owner) –
Just received my pack. Worth the wait so simple and versatile. Was looking for a pack that could serve multiple functions. Super Ultra Lite Amazing quality.
ibbum80 (verified owner) –
Another great pack from MLD. I’ve had it out on two weekend trips and multiple off trail day hikes.
This is the second Hell 27 I’ve owned and both are great. This newer version has a single wraparound front pocket vs my older version that is divided into two separate pockets. It’s a very useful design change, and makes for more versatile storage space. The super plush but narrower shoulder straps (when compare to the Burn & Prophet) make it great for scrambling, while still very comfortable up to 20lbs. I like the UltraGrid fabric, though I haven’t had it long enough to compare it to the previous Gridstop(has been my favorite pack material).
This will be my go to pack this season when charging 14rs and short summer trips.