HOW LONG BEFORE MY ORDER IS SHIPPED?
The following order/wait times currently apply:
Current new order ship times are 3 days for small gear under $100 and 4-6 weeks for large gear.
• Small Orders Under $100: About 3 days to build and ship.
• Shelters, Quilts, Bivys and Larger Orders: About 4-6 weeks to build and ship.
• Backpacks: About 4-6 weeks to build and ship.
Please note: Your order online will not update or show any progress status - sorry we do not have a pizza tracker - however, WE SEND an email the day your order ships, so keep on the lookout for that!
WHAT ARE YOUR CURRENT LEAD TIMES?
MLD offers a wide range of unique, high-quality UL Gear all of which is custom built in our local shop. Orders are built as they are received, to the strictest quality standards. If your credit card or PayPal account has been charged, rest easy your order is in the production queue and we are building it as soon as possible. All efforts are made to meet the following lead times:
BACKPACKS: 4-6 weeks
QUILTS: 4-6 weeks
PYRAMIDS: 4-6 weeks
TARPS: 4-6 weeks
SUPERLIGHT BIVYS: 4-6 weeks
Thanks for your patience while we build your Super Awesome UL Gear!
We like to keep it simple and keep the shipping, packing materials, and handling cost as low as possible. We ship by USPS and USPS Priority mail. We do not add insurance to shipments. We enjoy a 99.9% successful delivery rate in the US.
If you need Express shipping, we can do that, but it must be arranged before your order is placed. Please note that we cannot “Express Ship” a package to meet a trip deadline unless it was pre-arranged with us before ordering. We are not responsible for mail theft once the package has been shown as delivered. If you have known delivery problems, contact us before ordering to arrange for a more secure shipping method.
Current USPS Timelines for Domestic deliveries are:
USPS REGULAR: 5 – 7 Days
USPS PRIORITY: 2 – 3 Days
We ship anywhere in the world. A flat fee is charged at checkout for international orders. Shipments outside the US are shipped regular USPS mail. Unfortunately, delivery cannot be guaranteed, as once it has left the US, it is no longer in our control. We have found 99.5% of all International ships arrive safely. For that remaining 0.5% that go awry, someone was not home to get the delivery/delivery notice, and the package was usually returned to us a few months later.
Fortunately, many countries postal delivery systems interface with USPS, and you can track your package’s movement using the tracking information provided. Some countries systems do not interface with USPS, in which case your tracking will only show that your package has left the US.
Current USPS timelines for International Deliveries are:
USPS PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL: 6 – 10 Days
USPS PRIORITY MAIL EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL: 3 – 5 Days
If pre-arranged, we can guarantee International shipments for an extra fee, by shipping your package via USPS International Express. The shipping costs for this is usually between $75 and $100. A signature of receipt would be required.
If you would like your International package set via USPS International Express, contact us before ordering and we would be happy to arrange this.
TARIFFS, DUTIES & VAT
TIPS TO ENSURE DELIVERY
• Make sure you provide us with your full and complete address at checkout.
• Make sure someone will be home to collect the mail every day.
• Make sure your post box or home door have large clear numbers on them. It helps to have your last name on your box too.
• USPS will not deliver to houses with snow/icy steps or loose dogs.
• USPS will not “leave the package at the rear of the house in the ice cooler” – they will only leave it in the mailbox or at the front door where you get your regular mail.
If your home, neighborhood, or post box is not safe and you fear your package may get stolen give us a different address that is secure, or contact us before ordering to arrange for a special “signature only delivery.”
If you have not received your order within 3 weeks after the product lead time has passed (4 weeks from outside the US), please contact us and we would be happy to help.
In almost every case of “lost” or “missing” packages, the customer:
• Was not home to receive the package (sometimes gone for weeks even)
• The delivery notice slip had been lost in a sea of junk mail, and the customer waited over a month past the projected delivery time to inquire about the missing delivery, so the package had been returned to us
• Used a business address and the package got lost within the company mail system. Like, the time one fell behind the break room fridge (true story), or the time a dude discovered just how much the guy in mail room hated him (another true story.)
• Failed to tell us about known security or delivery issues at the listed address (porch mail thefts, bad dogs, wild animal mail thefts (true story), etc.
On second thought, maybe before you contact us, you should double check behind the fridge…