BURN 38L | 2300 CI
The FKT Record Setter.
WEIGHT: 14 oz | 400 gm
CAPACITY: 38L | 2300 CI
LOAD LIMIT: 22 lbs | 10 kg
MED and LG Burns now have have wider 3″ straps and updated padded hip belt wings. 29″ minimum Girth.
Small Burns have 2.5″ straps and padded hip belt wings. 27″ minimum girth.
(Pictures show old Burn and will be updated soon.)
The Burn 38L | 2300 CI has been used by many FKT (fastest know time) record setting thru-hikers including three time Triple Crowner Lint Bunting.
FKT, or “Fastest Known Time,” is the fastest time hikers, bikers, runners, and other endurance athletes have completed a certain trail or distance. The ethos behind FKT is self-reliance. The FKT concept includes personal FKT’s – Your Own Personal Goal. To achieve a personal FKT gear is trimmed to the minimum and knowledge and training become key factors; movement is calculated to be as efficient as possible regardless of your overall speed or daily mileage.
The Burn 38L | 2300 CI is here to help you meet your own FKT goals – ultralight, ultra-strong, and optimized in every way to make you faster, lighter, stronger.
“Double thumbs up. Since 2010, I have owned two Burns. Each has at least 8,000 miles on it. I’ve yet to have any tears to the body of either pack.” – CAM HONAN
NOTE: Burns ordered after 6/10/2018 will have the larger 2.75″ wide straps and padded hip belt wings. Hip belt pockets, shoulder strap pockets, and pack lids are available in Stealth Grey ONLY – regardless of pack color.
“The Burn really is an exceptionally well thought out, well made, bomber little pack. And as with all MLD products, the quality and attention to detail is second to none and a strong reminder why MLD is at the top of cottage manufactured ultralight gear.” UL GEAR BLOG
• NEW FOR 2018: Curved Side Panels: A slight curve from the waist to the shoulders moves the load closer to the upper back for more comfort. This also creates a slightly larger main compartment higher in the pack that helps load control by moving the heavier and higher packed gear higher to reduces shoulder stress.
• S-shaped unisex comfort shoulder straps are 2.75″ wide X 0.8″ thick and are SuperWick mesh lined with full-length highest quality 1/2″ thick EVA foam padding. Our shoulder straps are thicker and wider than most lightweight packs. Full length daisy chain accepts all Shoulder Strap Pouches.
• Hybrid Mesh/Dyneema X Side and Rear Pockets. The leading edge of the side pockets are Dyneema X to prevent snagging when moving through the bush. The lower 5″ of the rear pocket is Dyneema X to prevent abrasion from sharp contents or butt sliding accidents. The 4 oz sq/yd open hole non-stretch water and drains fast to allow contents to dry faster than a tight stretch mesh or solid fabric. Dyneema X elastic top sleeves for long term Durability and elastic replacement.
• Padded lightweight Dyneema X hip-belt wings with 1″ webbing and lightweight buckle. Optional removable Hip Pocket can be attached.
• Large, slanted mesh side pockets are deep enough for a 2 L Platypus. Top bungee sleeves of Dyneema X for long term durability vs. cheaper style wrapped tops of uncovered elastic bands. Pocket adjusts by pulling the bungee closed through the cord lock. Bungee is 1/8″ thick 40 below rated elastic in a nylon sheath style bungee. Many lower priced packs simply bind over the top of the raw mesh with regular garment type elastic that loses it’s stretch in a few years and does not do well in deep cold weather.
• 12 bungee attachment web loops with 7 mm glide rings for multiple attachment points for load compression and gear lashing. A short loop of 3 mm line can be attached to the lower loops for trekking pole and ice ax attachment
• Left shoulder hydration ports
• Internal hang clip loops for Optional .75 Hydration Sleeve or Stow Pouch. The Hydration Sleeve also converts to a 1.1 oz summit day pack.
• Removable Multi-position “Most Awesome Sternum Strap In The World” with Black Whistle-Lock Buckle 0.5 oz (not included in base pack weight)
• Dry Bag roll top closure with V-top compression strap.
• Long shoulder straps terminate in hand/finger rest loops.
• 10″ of black 1/8″ bungee cord
• 2 mini cord clips and 3 cord locks