PROPHET 48L | 2900 CI
Let it Guide You.
WEIGHT: 17oz | 482gm
CAPACITY: 48L | 2900 CI
LOAD RANGE: 18 – 25 lb | 8 – 12 kg
SIZE NOTE: MED and LG Prophet have have wide 3″ shoulder straps and full size padded hip belt wings- 29″ minimum girth. Small Burns have 2.75″ straps and slightly smaller fully padded hip belt wings. 27″ minimum girth.
The Prophet 48L | 2900 CI pack is sized for modern ultralight and super ultralight backpacking. It is also an exceptional alpine attack style climbing pack.
With one of the most supportive and cushioned hip-belts in any sub 16 oz frameless pack, S-shaped unisex comfort shoulder straps, and our new curved side panels, this is a pack you can wear all day in comfort.
Let the Prophet guide you on your next big adventure.
Award: Best Frameless Pack
“Our writers and editors own multiple frameless packs and we think the Mountain Laurel Designs (MLD) Prophet is our favorite frameless pack. It weighs about a pound, is very well made, customizable, and has perfect volume for multi-day, lightweight adventures.”– 2019 Treeline Review
“The Mountain Laurel Designs Prophet is a featherweight frameless backpack designed for experienced ultralight travelers and thru-hikers. This pack is simple and strong, keeping weight to an absolute minimum for those looking to crush miles.” – 1 of the 10 Best Lightweight Backpacks of 2019 – CleverHiker.com
NOTE: Hip belt pockets, shoulder strap pockets, and pack lids are available in Stealth Grey ONLY – regardless of pack color.
• Curved Side Panels: A slight curve from the waist to the shoulders moves the load closer to the upper back for more comfort. This also creates a slightly larger main compartment higher in the pack that helps load control by moving the heavier and higher packed gear higher to reduces shoulder stress.
• S-shaped unisex, ergonomically designed comfort shoulder straps are 3″ wide and SuperWick mesh lined with full-length foam padding. These are the comfiest straps on any UL pack! These very comfortable shoulder straps and are super tough. Size Small 2.5″ wide.
• Shoulder straps have full-length Daisy Chains to mount water bottle and gear pouches.
• One of the most supportive and cushioned hip-belts in any sub 16 oz frameless pack. Padded SuperWick Mesh lined waist belt hip-belt wings with 1″ webbing and buckle. Adjusts from about 28″ to 45.”
• Hybrid Mesh/DX 210D Ripstop Side and Rear Pockets. The leading edge of the side pockets are DX 210D Ripstop to prevent snagging when moving through the bush. The lower 5″ of the rear pocket is DX 210D Ripstop to prevent abrasion from sharp contents or butt sliding accidents. The 4 oz sq/yd open hole non-stretch drains fast to allow contents to dry faster than a tight stretch mesh or solid fabric. DX 210D Ripstop elastic top sleeves for long term Durability and elastic replacement.
• Slanted side mesh pockets are deep enough for a 2 L Platy. Pocket top bungee sleeves of DX 210D Ripstop for long term durability. Pocket adjusts by pulling the bungee closed through the cord lock. Many lower priced packs simply bind over the top of the raw mesh with regular garment type elastic that loses it’s stretch in a few years and does stretch in deep cold weather.
• Dual ice axe/trek pole loops.
• Internal hang clip loops for optional storage or hydro pouch inside of pack.
• Main pack area is large enough for a solo bear canister vertical or horizontal depending on how you pack your sleep pad.
• Removable Multi-position “Most Awesome Sternum Strap In The World” with Black Whistle-lock Buckle 0.5 oz (not included in base pack weight)
• Side V compression straps with full strength buckles.
• Dry Bag roll top closure with V top compression strap.
• Long shoulder straps terminate in hand/finger rest loops.
• 10″ of black 1/8″ bungee cord
• 2 mini cord clips and 3 cord locks
NOTE: Extra Small Custom Order Only. Non Returnable!