CORE 28L | 1700 CI
The Keep It Simple Pack.
WEIGHT: 6.7 – 8.0 oz oz | 194 – 225 gm
CAPACITY: 28L | 1700 CI
LOAD RANGE: 14 – 18 lbs | 6 – 8 kg
NOTE: NEW DCF COLOR IS GRAY
Sometimes even bigger trips are all about the simplicity. The Core 28L | 1700 CI Pack was designed for those trips! The Core 28L | 1700 CI is perfect for overnights, SUL weekends, climbing, running, skiing, hiking, or cycling, summits, alpine attacks, or as a travel carry-on pack. Whether you’re trimming your pack weight, or cutting the total number of items carried to a minimum this pack will increase your SUL Experience.
At first glance, it looks like any other small, streamlined pack but look closer and the many details emerge. The curved ergonomic shaped shoulder straps set into the pack at a proper shoulder cant angles. High-quality, strong, lightweight hardware. A unique, daisy chain splay angle that also serves as the roll top strap buckle. No straps on the sides to catch bushwhacking or interfere with running or skiing arm swings. The sides and back panels are curved to shape the pack to natural back body curves for overall comfort. Over-sized lower shoulder strap anchor triangles that spread the force and help stabilize the load lower on the back.
Medium and Large sizes. Available in Wasabi Green Dyneema X, Stealth Grey Dyneema X, or as a Gray 3.5oz Sq/yd DCF /Dyneema® Composite Fabric/ A.K.A Cuben Fiber) NOTE: Shoulder strap pockets and hip belt pockets are available in Stealth Grey ONLY – regardless of pack color.
• ALL DYNEEMA X OPTION: 4.5 oz sq yd 210D Ripstop Nylon and Dyneema plus an extra X-pattern over weave for high strength, lightweight and durability. (Much tougher and abrasion resistant vs 100D and 200D plain weave fabrics.)
• HYBRID DCF (DYNEEMA® COMPOSITE FABRIC A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) OPTION: 3.5 oz sq yd – Gray 50D Polyester face bonded to a strong DCF base. Very waterproof, super light, and strong.
• Roll top closure doubles as a compression system to stabilize and compact load. Roll top has two snaps to assist closing and rolling.
• 10 mm webbing and 75 lbs + strength buckles: Light and very strong.
• Curved side panel seams at the back panel for a contoured shape and tighter fit at the shoulders and hip.
• Shoulder Straps: Aggressive S-Shaped Body Mapped 2.5 in | 75 mm wide SuperWick Mesh lined with full-length foam padding. • 15 mm daisy chain to fit pack “Shoulder Pocket Options” Top daisy loop is 25 mm wide for better water bungee and gear pocket stabilization.
• Load Rating: Strong enough for 30+ lbs, but 14-18 lbs is the recommended average max for all day comfort.
• Pack Body 10 mm Daisy Chains. Seven loops + one at the bottom for a trekking pole or ice ax.
• Removable Multi Position 10 mm SUL Sternum Strap. One is included. A second optional SUL Sternum Strap can be used to add more stability to the pack for short sections of running.
• Minimum Number of Seams: The main pack body panel has only one long double stitched seam. All stress points barracked or triple stitched.
• Haul Loop
• 10 mm Waist Belt
• 7 ft | 2.1 m of 1/8″ bungee cord + 1 cord-lock
• 0.5 oz | 14 gm – 10 mm SUL Waist Belt (removable)
• 0.3 oz |8 gm – 10 mm SUL Sternum Strap (removable)