SOLOMID ™ | 4X9
Often Copied, Never Surpassed.
WEIGHT: 11 – 14 OZ | 310 – 410 GM
PEAK HEIGHT: 49″ / 125cm
SQ FOOTAGE: 35 + sq ft | 3.25 + sq m
SLEEPS: + GEAR
The ultra-strong SoloMid sets up fast, handles light to moderate snow loads like a pro, and sheds wind from any direction.
With 35+ sq ft of usable floor space, there is room for you and gear. Users over 6′ and/or on thick inflatable pads may prefer the SoloMid XL.
Single pole pyramid shelters like the SoloMid XL offer the fastest set up of any lightweight shelter design and because they don’t have any large vertical side panels (like other two-poled designs) they don’t buzz, hum, flap and roar in the wind!
Available in SilNylon, .75 DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) and .5 DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) -1oz/30gm. The .5 DCF SoloMid is the ‘Super UltraLight’ version, and while it saves weight, it is not recommended for 4-season use, as it is not as strong or as durable as the other materials. .5 DCF Shelters are considered custom, and there is no warranty on this fabric option. If you need a true 4-Season Pyramid for high wind or snow load, pick the .75 DCF or SilNyon SoloMid!
Read our “Options” tabs to learn more about all the great options that can be added to this ultra-tough shelter!
• 35+ sq ft | 3.25 sq m of usable floor space
• Large Peak Vent is held open by a flexible and removable wand. Can be fully closed to stop blowing snow or rain from entering; just pull out the wand and press the Velcro together!
• Peak is reinforced with Dyneema X
•# 8 YKK Aqua Guard Zipper.
• Over head gear hang loops on all four main seams to clip up bivy hoods, lights or to make a clothesline
• Interior Apex Hang Loop + Exterior Apex Tie-out loop
• Right door rolls open either half way (use the two mid-height snaps) or fully open
• Six ground level perimeter tie-outs all with LineLocks for easy adjustment. LineLocks make winter use with buried snow anchors MUCH easier. Can be removed to save about 0.6 oz
• Center front and rear mid-panel tie-out. Note: Use the supplied bungee cord on the tie-outs to reduce stress on the shelter. Only tighten very SLIGHTLY so the main bottom edge tie-outs take most of the force – do not use to pull the panel out and change the shape of the mid. Always stake out this point last.
• Works perfect with most all 130 cm and longer adjustable poles. If you have shorter poles ask for the free 6″ pole jack
• SILNYLON VERSION: Strong and fully waterproof with triple stitched seams
• DCF VERSION: Special DCF bonding tape with 3 Times the UV resistance.
• Great for for light to moderate snow loads and strong wind from any direction
• Silnylon Stuff Sack
• 40′ MLD Pro Guyline
• 1.5 oz Tube McNett Silnet Seam Sealer