SOLOMID ™ | 4 X 9
Often Copied, Never Surpassed.
WEIGHT: 11 – 14 OZ | 310 – 410 GM
PEAK HEIGHT: 49″ / 125cm
SQ FOOTAGE: 30 + sq ft | 3+ sq m
SLEEPS: + GEAR
The ultra-strong SoloMid sets up ultra fast, handles light to moderate snow loads like a pro, and sheds wind from any direction.
Single pole pyramid shelters like the SoloMid offer the fastest set up of any lightweight shelter design and because they don’t have any large vertical side panels like other two-poled designs.
Available in Gray/Green or Yellow 20d Pro SilNylon and .75 DCF ONLY.
REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT SIZE NOTES:
The Solomid was the first small one person 4 sided pyramid UL shelter designed 20years ago when SUL hikers were tough, sleep pads where thin and a personal FKT was the default state of mind. It is a slightly small striped down version o the SoloMid XL. It is a small pyramid shelter and now with modern thick inflatable sleeping pads plus the desire of most campers for more room, the Solomid XL will be the better pick for most new campers. If you are dedicated to absolute simplicity, are a smaller hiker and not claustrophobic the SoloMid may work well for you. If you mainly only sleep in you shelter and prefer to just keep hiking to put in the miles vs camp lounging – keep reading.
• Under 6′ with a 3/4″ pad = no problem.
• Under 6’2″ with a 3/4″ pad pitched a few inches off the ground = OK.
• Under 5’10” with a 2″ inflatable pad and mid pitched up a bit = OK too.
• Under 5’8″ with any pad = No Problemo.
• Want to use an InnerNet? Nope – We do not make an InnerNet for this Mid. Use a Superlight Bivy.
• You have a dog or cat with you. NO PLEASE- GOD NO.
• If you have to email and ask any questions about the SoloMid = No, You’re Not Ready…
NOTE: Custom Order- Non Returnable.
Read our “Options” tabs to learn more about all the great options that can be added to this ultra-tough shelter!
• 30+ sq ft | 3.25 sq m of usable floor space
• Large Peak Vent is held open by a flexible and removable wire. Can be fully closed to stop blowing snow or rain from entering; just fold closed the wire wand.
• Peak is reinforced.
• #8 YKK Aqua Guard Zipper.
• Over head Apex gear hang loop.
• One side door tieback.
• Six ground level perimeter tie-outs all with LineLocks for easy adjustment. Can be removed to save about 0.6 oz
• Center rear mid-panel tie-out. Note: Use the supplied bungee cord on the tie-outs to reduce stress on the shelter. Only tighten very SLIGHTLY so the main bottom edge tie-outs take most of the force – do not use to pull the panel out and change the shape of the mid. Always stake out this point last.
• Works perfect with most all 130cm and longer adjustable poles. If you have shorter poles ask for the free 6″ pole jack
• SILNYLON VERSION: Strong and fully waterproof with triple stitched seams.
• DCF VERSION: Special DCF bonding tape.
• Great for for light snow loads and strong wind from any direction
• Silnylon Stuff Sack
• 40′ MLD Pro Guyline
• 1.5 oz Tube McNett Silnet Seam Sealer