SOLOMID XL | 4.5 X 9
Often Copied, Never Surpassed.
WEIGHT: 13.5oz/ 390gm .75 DCF / 17oz – 485gm Pro Silnylon
PEAK HEIGHT: 52″ / 132cm
SQ FOOTAGE: 40 + sq ft | 3.7 sq m
SLEEPS: 1+ GEAR
The SoloMid XL is as strong, fast to setup, and capable in high winds and moderate snow as the SoloMid, with some truly XL features. It’s a bit larger, and it’s asymmetrical shape, offers 70% of the user space behind the one center pole, while the front 30% functions as a vestibule. This offset design allows entry and exit in rainy conditions to help keep the sleep side of the shelter dry!
Single pole pyramid shelters like the SoloMid XL offer the fastest set up of any lightweight shelter design and because they don’t have any large vertical side panels (like other two-poled designs) they don’t buzz, hum, flap and roar in the wind!
The SoloMid XL is a bomber shelter with 12 tie-out points!
Available in SilNylon, .75 DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber), and .5 DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber). The .5 DCF SoloMid is the ‘Super UltraLight’ version, and while it saves weight, it is not recommended for 4-season use, as it is not as strong or as durable as the other materials. .5 DCF Shelters are considered custom, and there is no warranty on this fabric option. If you need a true 4-Season Pyramid for high wind or snow load, pick the .75 DCF or SilNyon SoloMid!
Read our “Options” tabs to learn more about all the great options that can be added to this ultra-tough shelter!
• At 40 + sq ft | 3.7 m, it’s big enough to fit an X-Long 78″ X 25″!
• Large Peak Vent is held open by a flexible and removable wand. Can be fully closed to stop blowing snow or rain from entering; just pull out the wand and press the Velcro together!
• Great for moderate snow loads and strong wind from any direction
• SILNYLON VERSION: Strong and fully waterproof with triple stitched seams. 26 kg tear strength | 4,000 mm waterproofness
• DCF (DYNEEMA® COMPOSITE FABRIC A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) VERSION: has all bonded main seams
• #8 YKK Aqua Guard Zipper.
• Interior Apex Hang Loop + Exterior Apex tie-out loop
• Reinforced Peak: Tough Dyneema X in SilNylon Version; thick, multiple layers of bonded DCF in the DCF Version
• Both doors roll open either half way or fully open.
• 8 ground level perimeter tie-outs with LineLocks. LineLocks make winter use with buried snow anchors MUCH easier. Can be removed to save about 0.8 oz
• 4 center panels tie-outs: Center front, rear, and sides. Use the supplied bungee cord on these tie-outs to reduce stress on the shelter. NOTE: Only tighten very SLIGHTLY so the main bottom edge tie-outs take most of the force – do not use to pull the panel out and change the shape of the mid. Always stake out this point last.
• Overhead gear hang loops on all four main seams to clip up bivy hoods, lights, InnerNets, or to make a clothesline.
• Works perfectly with all 140 cm adjustable poles. Free 6″ pole jack included for shorter poles.
• Silnylon Stuff Sack
• 40′ MLD Pro Guyline
• 1.5 oz Tube McNett Silnet Seam Sealer
• 6″ Pole Jack