DUOMID XL ™
TGO Magazine “Best Buy 2015” Award Winner.
WEIGHT: 16 – 21 oz | 265 – 455 gm
SQ FOOTAGE: 65 + sq ft | 6 + sq m
SLEEPS: + GEAR
The DuoMid XL is the ultimate UL shelter for two (plus extra winter gear or a dog!) As strong, fast to setup, and capable in high winds and moderate snow as the DuoMid, with some truly XL features. It’s a 30% larger, and it’s asymmetrical shape, offers 70% of the user space behind the one center pole, while the front 30% functions as a vestibule for gear storage, a dog, or a third person if needed. This offset design allows entry and exit in rainy conditions to help keep the sleep side of the shelter dry!
Single pole pyramid shelters like the DuoMid XL offer the fastest set up of any lightweight shelter design and because they don’t have any large vertical side panels (like other two-poled designs) they don’t buzz, hum, flap and roar in the wind! The DuoMid XL is a super bomber shelter with 17 tie-out points!
Read our “Options” tabs to learn more about all the great options that can be added to this ultra-tough shelter!
•OutDoor Enthusiast Magazine “Best Buy 2016”
•The Great Outdoors Magazine “Best Buy 2015”
“Very roomy, stable, lightweight, excellent headroom… ” – CHRIS TOWNSEND | TGO MAGAZINE
“These shelters shed wind, rain, and snow exceptionally well…A top vent plus clever catenary curves between the pegging points mean this is an airy shelter.” – DAVID LINTURN | OUTDOOR ENTHUSIAST MAGAZINE
• Extra room for two in all weather!
• Asymmetrical design allows entry and exit during rain or snow without getting the sleeping area wet
• LargePeak Vent is held open by a flexible and removable wand and can be fully closed to stop any blowing snow from entering: Just pull out the wand and press the Velcro together- only takes 5 seconds!
• Great for moderate snow loads and strong wind
• Long service life #5 YKK Water-resistant zipper w/ storm flap includes multiple stress relief snaps and buckles
• Interior Apex Hang Loop + Exterior Apex Tie-out loop
• Dual doors roll open and secure
• A total of 17 tie-outs!
• Eight ground level perimeter tie-outs all with LineLocks for easy adjustment. LineLocks make winter use with buried snow anchors MUCH easier.
• Four side middle panel tie-outs: Reinforced center panel tie-outs on each side for high wind. Use the supplied bungee cord on the tie-outs to reduce stress on the shelter. Only tighten slightly.
• Silnylon Stuff Sack
• 40′ MLD Pro Guyline
• 1.5 oz Tube McNett Silnet Seam Sealer
• Pole Connector Strap, or 6″ Pole Jack.