PYRAMID TENT POLES
Lightweight + Strong + Simple.
WEIGHT: VARIES : SEE SPECS TAB
Before building our own CF Pyramid Tent Poles we bought every pole out there and tested each one of them to destruction. When we finished breaking stuff in the name of science, we put everything we learned into making these bomber poles!
The two main issues with the lightweight poles we tested:
#1. They weren’t strong enough for the MLD Pyramids. MLD Mids are built to take a tremendous amount of stress.
#2. All of the various glorified light DYI adjusters slipped, froze together, were too heavy, weakened the pole with holes, or didn’t offer much in the way of adjustment.
Our Pyramid Tent Poles are made from unidirectional cello carbon wrapped carbon fiber tube, with fabric weave carbon fiber ferrules – it’s a mouthful to say, but it means they’re super bomber and light! The MondoMid version has a thicker wall for extreme strength.
Need a Custom Sized Pole? We make those! Check out our Custom Poles!
Made in the U.S.A.
• Bungee Corded Sections Are User Replaceable
• Capped Ends
• Matched 3″ | 8 cm Pole Jack with Ferrule FREE with each pole: Allows a higher ventilation pitch.
• Made in the USA – We source our parts in the US and we cut, sand, glue, assemble and inspect here at MLD.
• ALL MLD poles can be set at any angle to micro adjust the height. More Angle = Shorter Pole. The pole lengths are measured for a basic low to the ground MLD pitch. Adding the 3″ | 8cm jack allow pitches higher off the ground for more ventilation.
• Strong enough to use as an emergency trekking pole for tricky stream crossings, etc. Just tape the sections together with a little duct tape first.
• One FREE 4″ | 10cm Pole Jack included with each Tent Pole Purchased. (0.4 oz | 11 gm)