SUPERMID ™ | 9X9
“Top Pick for Winter Use.”- Outdoor Gear Lab
WEIGHT: 19 – 26 oz | 540 – 740 gm
PEAK HEIGHT: 69″ / 175cm
SQ FOOTAGE: 70 + sq ft | 6.5 sq m
SLEEPS: + GEAR
The SuperMid ™ provides bombproof protection from rain or snow for four people. It can be used as a marvelous palace for two, a basecamp shelter for cooking, a ski touring tent, or even a lounge pad. But don’t let it’s versatility and palatial size fool you, this thing is bomber, having earned Outdoor Gear Labs “Top Pick for Winter Use.”
The SuperMid accompanied Erin and Bretwood Higman on their record setting 4,000 + mile hike from Seattle to the end of Alaska. Check out their blog for a pic on a SuperMid still standing after being buried to the top with 400 lbs of snow!
We included their 300 + nights of daily living feedback in their SuperMid into our design to make sure this thing stands strong in all types of weather.
“The Mountain Laurel Designs SuperMid earned a perfect ten for livability – it has a much larger footprint than all the other shelters we tested – and it can sleep four people….The Mountain Laurel Designs SuperMid in SilNylon is the best value pyramid shelter we have tested.” – OUTDOOR GEAR LAB
To make our pyramid tents so strong, we use an MLD Exclusive panel design that eliminates over 40% of seams vs. other designs. Thanks to our innovation the side panels can be joined near the peak by a much shorter horizontal seam making our tents stronger, and lighter. Does it work? From how often our panel design has been copied, we’d have to say yes.
• 70+ sq/ft of usable floor space perfect for four or a palace for two or three
• ONE oversized peak vent design is best: pitch the rear of the SuperMid into the wind to prevent rain and snow from blowing into the vent and to create a mini Venturi Effect, pulling condensation out the oversize vent on the downwind side
• Oversized peak vent that can be easily closed during hard wind, blowing rain, and snow, by pulling out the wand and Velcro-ing the vent tightly shut
• Plenty of room to stand up
• Side walls shed snow well
• Main seams are triple rolled, stitched, and flat felled (an MLD Exclusive.)
• Interior Apex hang loop
• Apex/Peak reinforced with DX 210D RipStop
• 2 Doors: Both doors roll open and tie back
• Mid-height zipper door snaps allow doors to be partially opened
• A total of 17 tie-outs!
• 8 ground level perimeter tie-outs with LineLocks for easy adjustment: LineLocks make cold weather and winter use (buried snow anchors) MUCH easier. LineLocks can be removed to save about 1.0 oz
• Extra center side panel tie-outs on all sides for really high winds.
• Use a short length of guyline to tie two trek poles together for center pole support
NOTE: We do not offer pole extenders with the SuperMid as it is too large and using a long pole extender would over stress your trekking pole tip. Use the included Pole Connector Strap, tie two trekking poles together using a 6 in | 15 cm piece of the guyline, or purchase a MLD Carbon Fiber Pyramid Pole.
• Silnylon Stuff Sack
• 40′ MLD Pro Guyline
• 1.5 oz Tube McNett Silnet Seam Sealer
• Pole Connector Strap