SUPERMID ™ | 9X9
“Top Pick for Winter Use.”- Outdoor Gear Lab
WEIGHT: 19 – 26 oz | 540 – 740 gm
PEAK HEIGHT: 69″ / 175cm
SQ FOOTAGE: 70 + sq ft | 6.5 sq m
SLEEPS: + GEAR
The SuperMid ™ provides bombproof protection from rain or snow for four people. It can be used as a marvelous palace for two, a basecamp shelter for cooking, a ski touring tent, or even a lounge pad. But don’t let it’s versatility and palatial size fool you, this thing is bomber, having earned Outdoor Gear Labs “Top Pick for Winter Use.”
• DCF .75 Pear Green fabric orders lead time is 12 weeks.
• DCF .5 OD Green and DCF .67 Camo fabric is in stock / 1-3 weeks.
• All Pro 20d and 30d SilNylon fabric colors in stock / 1-3 weeks.
• Dyneema Corp production schedules have been delayed. Our DCF fabric orders from August may not be delivered until March/April.
• OK to order DCF.75 Pear Green now, but it will be a wait.
The SuperMid accompanied Erin and Bretwood Higman on their record setting 4,000 + mile hike from Seattle to the end of Alaska. Check out their blog for a pic on a SuperMid still standing after being buried to the top with 400 lbs of snow!
We included their 300 + nights of daily living feedback in their SuperMid into our design to make sure this thing stands strong in all types of weather.
“The Mountain Laurel Designs SuperMid earned a perfect ten for livability – it has a much larger footprint than all the other shelters we tested – and it can sleep four people….The Mountain Laurel Designs SuperMid in SilNylon is the best value pyramid shelter we have tested.” – OUTDOOR GEAR LAB
To make our pyramid tents so strong, we use an MLD Exclusive panel design that eliminates over 40% of seams vs. other designs. Thanks to our innovation the side panels can be joined near the peak by a much shorter horizontal seam making our tents stronger, and lighter. Does it work? From how often our panel design has been copied, we’d have to say yes.
• 70+ sq/ft of usable floor space perfect for four or a palace for two or three
• ONE oversized peak vent design is best: pitch the rear of the SuperMid into the wind to prevent rain and snow from blowing into the vent and to create a mini Venturi Effect, pulling condensation out the oversize vent on the downwind side
• Oversized peak vent that can be easily closed during hard wind, blowing rain, and snow, by pulling out the wand and Velcro-ing the vent tightly shut
• Plenty of room to stand up
• Side walls shed snow well
• Main seams are triple rolled, stitched, and flat felled (an MLD Exclusive.)
• Interior Apex hang loop
• Apex/Peak reinforced with DX 210D RipStop
• 2 Doors: Both doors roll open and tie back
• Mid-height zipper door snaps allow doors to be partially opened
• A total of 17 tie-outs!
• 8 ground level perimeter tie-outs with LineLocks for easy adjustment: LineLocks make cold weather and winter use (buried snow anchors) MUCH easier. LineLocks can be removed to save about 1.0 oz
• Extra center side panel tie-outs on all sides for really high winds.
• Use a short length of guyline to tie two trek poles together for center pole support
NOTE: We do not offer pole extenders with the SuperMid as it is too large and using a long pole extender would over stress your trekking pole tip. Use the included Pole Connector Strap, tie two trekking poles together using a 6 in | 15 cm piece of the guyline, or purchase a MLD Carbon Fiber Pyramid Pole.
• Silnylon Stuff Sack
• 40′ MLD Pro Guyline
• 1.5 oz Tube McNett Silnet Seam Sealer
• Pole Connector Strap