CRICKET PYRAMID TARP ™
A SoloMid XL with a Beak Instead of a Door!
WEIGHT: 7.5 – 11.5 oz | 210gm – 326 gm
The Cricket Pyramid Tarp ™ is the SoloMid XL with a beak instead of a door! The lightweight Cricket Pyramid is the perfect balance between simplicity, protection, and pitch options, without the hassle of a zipper!
5-panel design, with variable catenary curves at panel intersections, make for a very tight pitch and low wind buffeting, which equals less noise compared to a wrap around design with fewer panels. The front can be pitched low and wide, partially closing off the beak end for protection from high winds and other inclement weather, or pitched high during fair weather for maximum ventilation.
The SoloMid XL InnerNet fits the Cricket Tarp. By adding the InnerNet, it becomes the Cricket Tent!
“I have been nothing but impressed and so have a few of my hiking friends, no less than four have ordered a Cricket since using and/or borrowing mine.” – I DONT DO HILLS
• 5-panel design with variable catenary curves at panel intersections make for a very tight pitch and low wind buffeting.
• 15 Tieouts : 8 Perimeter + 1 Rear Panel Tieouts + 1 Front Beak + One each mid height on the 4 main vertical seams.
• Good balance between simplicity, protection, lightweight and pitch options with no lightweight #3 door zippers to fail.
• Front beak is adjustable in pitch height
• Setup in under 2 min after a little practice: We’ve done it in 55 sec!
• Linelocks at all edge tie-outs. Can be removed to save about 1oz.
• Reinforced apex with external hang loop.
• Rear panel has mid-panel tieout.
• Four inside along-the-seam seam hang loops for hanging light gear or a bivy hood.
• Pro Silnylon Stuff Sack
• 40′ MLD Pro Guyline
• 1.5 oz Tube McNett Silnet Seam Sealer / DCF versions do not need sealing
• 6″ Aluminum Trek Pole Jack
NOTE: The SilNylon version of this tarp requires seam sealing. Check out the “Seam Sealing” tab for instructions & tips. DCF versions are taped and sealed.