CRICKET PYRAMID TARP ™
The SoloMid XL with a beak instead of a door!
WEIGHT: 7.5 – 13 oz | 210gm – 365 gm
The Cricket Pyramid Tarp ™ is the SoloMid XL with a beak instead of a door! The lightweight Cricket Pyramid is the perfect balance between simplicity, protection, and pitch options, without the hassle of a zipper!
5-panel design, with variable catenary curves at panel intersections, make for a very tight pitch and low wind buffeting, which equals less noise compared to a wrap around design with fewer panels. The front can be pitched low and wide, partially closing off the beak end for protection from high winds and other inclement weather, or pitched high during fair weather for maximum ventilation.
The SoloMid XL InnerNet fits the Cricket Tarp. By adding the InnerNet, it becomes the Cricket Tent!
Have an older version of the Cricket Tarp and want to turn it into a Cricket Tent? You need the SoloMid InnerNet! (If you side panels are asymmetrical leaning to the front, it’s the newer 2017 version.)
Base weight does not include guyline or stuff sack.
For the weight, weather protection, price and ease of pitching I think there are very few shelters that come close.
“I have been nothing but impressed and so have a few of my hiking friends, no less than four have ordered a Cricket since using and/or borrowing mine.” – http://www.idontdoohills.co.uk/mld-cricket-review/?fbclid=IwAR2uevjP7xJwE25UBgxxrPh0XlNujo5o2rMHv0LfsvLvcYr5EBIqGoxNcD0
• 5-panel design with variable catenary curves at panel intersections make for a very tight pitch and low wind buffeting.
• 11 Tieouts : 8 Perimeter + 3 Mid-Panel Tieouts (3 More than pre -2019 Versions.)
• Good balance between simplicity, protection, lightweight and pitch options with no lightweight #3 door zippers to fail.
• Front beak is adjustable in pitch height
• Set up is easily under 2 min after a little practice; we’ve done it in 55 sec
• Linelocks at all edge tie-outs – Can be removed to save about 1 oz
• Reinforced apex with external hang loop
• Rear and Side panels have mid-panel tieouts
• Four inside along-the-seam seam hang loops for hanging light gear or a bivy hood
• Pro Silnylon Stuff Sack
• 40′ MLD Pro Guyline
• 1.5 oz Tube McNett Silnet Seam Sealer / DCF versions do not need sealing
NOTE: The SilNylon version of this tarp requires user seam sealing unless you option for us to do it for you! Check out the “Seam Sealing” tab for instructions & tips.