CRICKET PYRAMID TARP ™
The SoloMid XL with a beak instead of a door!
WEIGHT: 9 – 14 oz |
The Cricket Pyramid Tarp ™ is the SoloMid XL with a beak instead of a door! The lightweight Cricket Pyramid is the perfect balance between simplicity, protection, and pitch options, without the hassle of a zipper!
5-panel design, with variable catenary curves at panel intersections, make for a very tight pitch and low wind buffeting, which equals less noise compared to a wrap around design with fewer panels. The front can be pitched low and wide, partially closing off the beak end for protection from high winds and other inclement weather, or pitched high during fair weather for maximum ventilation.
The SoloMid XL InnerNet fits the Cricket Tarp. By adding the InnerNet, it becomes the Cricket Tent!
Have an older version of the Cricket Tarp and want to turn it into a Cricket Tent? You need the SoloMid InnerNet! (If you side panels are asymmetrical leaning to the front, it’s the newer 2017 version.)
• 5-panel design, with variable catenary curves at panel intersections, make for a very tight pitch and low wind buffeting
• Good balance between simplicity, protection, lightweight, pitch options and no lightweight #3 door zippers to fail
• Front beak is adjustable in pitch height
• Set up is easily under 2 min after a little practice; we’ve done it in 55 sec
• Linelocks at all edge tie-outs – Can be removed to save about 0.5 oz
• Dyneema X reinforced apex with external hang loop
• Rear panel has a mid panel tie-out
• Four inside seam hang loops for hanging light gear or a bivy hood
• Silnylon Stuff Sack
• 40′ MLD Pro Guyline
• 1.5 oz Tube McNett Silnet Seam Sealer
NOTE: The SilNylon version of this tarp requires user seam sealing! Check out the “Seam Sealing” tab for instructions & tips.