DUOMID ™ | 5.5X9
Often Copied, Never Surpassed.
WEIGHT: 15 – 19 oz | 425 – 540 gm
PEAK HEIGHT: 56″ / 142cm
SQ FOOTAGE: 45 + sq ft | 4.1 + sq m
SLEEPS: + GEAR
The DuoMid is the ORIGINAL two-person, ultralight pyramid shelter, and though it has often been copied, it has never been surpassed! Designed to fit two people comfortably, this also works as a palace for one person and a furry friend.
The optional InnerNet turns the DuoMid into a super light, sub-2lb, two-person fully double walled tent. Or, if you are a single hiker, the Solo Innernet can be used to create a 1.5 lb solo all-season modular tent.
Available in SilNylon, .75 DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber), and .68 CAMO DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber).
Read our “Options” tabs to learn more about all the great options that can be added to this ultra-tough, two-person shelter!
“After going through different tents over the years, I have landed with the MLD Duomid with sewn in perimeter netting because it is massive for one person, extremely light, cheap (I have the SilNylon version), stable in all kinds of weather and last but not least: It’s simple. One trekking pole in the middle, a few ground stakes and you’re done…. Buy this tent, thank me later. It’s lighter, bigger, cheaper, easier than any other comparable tent on the market. It’s really that simple.” ULTRALIGHT & COMFORTABLE
• 45 + sq ft of usable floor space perfect for two people cozy or use it as the ultimate shelter for one plus a 4-legged hiker buddy.
• Large Peak Vent is held open by a flexible and removable wand. Can be fully closed to stop any blown snow from entering: just pull out the wand and press the Velcro together!
• Great for moderate snow loads and strong winds
• Long service life #5 YKK water-resistant zipper w/ storm flap
• Interior Apex Hang Loop + Exterior Apex Tie-out loop
• Both doors roll open and secure
• 17 total tie-outs!
• Eight ground level perimeter tie-outs all with LineLocks for easy adjustment. LineLocks make winter use with buried snow anchors MUCH easier.
• Four side panel tie-outs: Reinforced center panel tie-outs on each side for high wind. Use the supplied bungee cord on the tie-outs to reduce stress on the shelter. Only tighten slightly so the main bottom edge tie-outs take most of the force.
• Four main seam extra tie-outs loops
• Overhead gear hang loops on all four main inside seams to clip up bivy hoods, lights or to make a clothesline.
• Some trekking poles will need the pole jack to be tall enough for single pole set up. You may be able to cut it in half to fit your pole length to same more weight
• Silnylon Stuff Sack
• 40′ MLD Pro Guyline
• 1.5 oz Tube McNett Silnet Seam Sealer
• 6″ Pole Jack