DUOMID ™ | 5.7 X 9.2
Often Copied, Never Surpassed
WEIGHT: 15.5 – 18 oz | 439 – 510 gm
PEAK HEIGHT: 55″ in | 140 cm
SQ FOOTAGE: 45 + sq ft | 4.1 + sq m
SLEEPS: + GEAR
The DuoMid is the ORIGINAL two-person, ultralight pyramid shelter, and though it has often been copied, it has never been surpassed! Designed to fit two people comfortably, this also works as a palace for one person and a furry friend. Available in 20d Pro SilNylon and .75 DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber).
The optional InnerNet turns the DuoMid into a super light, sub-2lb, two-person fully double walled tent. Or, if you are a single hiker, the Solo SOLO XL Innernet can be used to create a 1.75 lb solo all-season modular tent.
“After going through different tents over the years, I have landed with the MLD Duomid because it is massive for one person, extremely light, cheap (I have the SilNylon version), stable in all kinds of weather and last but not least: It’s simple. One trekking pole in the middle, a few ground stakes and you’re done…. Buy this tent, thank me later. It’s lighter, bigger, cheaper, easier than any other comparable tent on the market. It’s really that simple.” ULTRALIGHT & COMFORTABLE
Read our “Options” tabs to learn more about all the great options that can be added to this ultra-tough, two-person shelter!
• 45 + sq ft of usable floor space perfect for two people cozy or use it as the ultimate shelter for one plus a 4-legged hiker buddy.
• Large Peak Vent is held open by a flexible and removable wire. Can be fully closed to stop blown snow from entering: Fold over the wire to close the vent.
• Great for moderate snow loads and strong winds
• Long service life #8 YKK water-resistant zipper
• Interior Apex Hang Loop + Exterior Apex Tie-out loop
• Both doors roll open and secure
• 16 total tie-outs!
• Eight ground level perimeter tie-outs all with LineLocks for easy adjustment. LineLocks make winter use with buried snow anchors MUCH easier.
• Three side panel tie-outs: Reinforced center Side and Rear panel tie-outs for high wind. Use the supplied bungee cord on the tie-outs to reduce stress on the shelter. Only tighten slightly so the main bottom edge tie-outs take most of the force.
• Four main seam tie-outs loops.
• Overhead gear hang loops on all four main inside seams to clip up bivy hoods, lights or to make a clothesline.
• Some trekking poles will need the supplied 6″ pole jack to be tall enough for single pole set up.
• Silnylon Stuff Sack
• 40′ MLD Pro Guyline
• 1.5 oz Tube McNett Silnet Seam Sealer
• 6″ Pole Jack