Lightest Tough Poco Panniers in the World.
WEIGHT: 6.9oz | 195 gm Each with all straps needed to mount
DIMENSIONS: 11″ x 3.5″ x 14″ | 28cm x 11cm x 25cm
VOLUME CAPACITY: Variable 6 – 9 L | 366 – 549 CI (Each)
MAX WEIGHT LOAD CAPACITY: 11lbs / 5kg (Each)
RACK WIDTH: Fits rack decks 3″ to 9″ wide.
SIMPLICITY + LIGHT WEIGHT + TOTAL FUNCTION
NEW ULTRA X 200 FABRIC
UPDATED ULTRA X 200 FABRIC: Freakishly tough for the low weight.
(Replaces the 2022 Ultra 200. New for May 2023, Ultra X 200 adds a thicker Ultra fiber reinforced .75 RUV backing laminate film. Stronger, more waterproof and a longer lasting laminate backing vs the older Ultra 200.)
Tested from Alsaka to the Pisgah Forrest to the Chihuahuan Desert. Tough enough for world touring. Super Light for Long Distrance Racing.
V2 Ultra X Poco Panniers were designed to be super tough and as simple as possible with great function, a minimum of seams, straps, buckles, doodads, junk and extra seams. No mixed fabrics, squirrely zippers, stabilizer bars, removable junk or useless features.
1: Two over the rack deck straps. Supports more weight. More durable.
2: Ultra X fabric. Thicker laminate is durable vs older Ultra fabric.
3: Horizontal Carbon Fiber wand across the front and lower rear. Allows some flex and helps secure load from movement and bulging.
4: Additioanl loops for securing lower monts with bungee and hook.
Minimalism. Designed for lightweight, ultra endurance, touring and race bikepacking. They can also be used on many front racks or strapped on a handlebar extension mount. It can be rigged as a front bag on top or in front of a handlebar roll. They can be used alone or in pairs. Long mounting straps are supplied to fit almost every possible rack. WEIGHT LOAD CAPACITY: 11lbs / 5L (Each)
RACE + WEIGHT + AERO + EFFICIENCY
• A lightweight Tumbleweed Mini Pannier Rack. OMM rack or similar light strong rack combined with Ultra Poco Panniers and an Ultra BikePacking Dry Bag can weigh about the same as some versions of a single large seat bag but offer 3X more volume and more efficient and faster packing.
• Compared to the popular aero carbon rack system seen on many ultra bike race rigs, using a light Tumbleweed rack + Poco Panniers + 12L Ultra Dry Bags weighs 500gms/17oz LESS and is more aerodynamic due to the lower side profile of the Poco Panniers vs the other systems bulkier wider sides sack style panniers that catch more wind.
• Fast entry and packing of the simple Poco Panniers and versatility of the Ultra Dry Bags size options saves packing time and is easy to use in cold weather.
Excellent solution for smaller frame bikes that can not fit seat packs. This is a great way to roll light and easy.
Riders on most bikes with Mens size 12 trail runner shoe will clear the lower corner while pedaling No Problemo. The ultimate range of adjustability allows positioning the POCO ULTRA PANNIERS forward or back on the rack rails for custom clearance and load balance.
Like most light small panniers are meant to be left mounted on the rack all the time. When necessary, these take about 2 minutes to remove and 3 minutes to reinstall.
REAR RACK MOUNTING NOTE:
The two straps should support 75%+ of the load weight. One Wrap Velco straps are also provided and required to secure the daisy chain to the rack bar. More straps distribute the weight and add to stability and durability Watch the YouTube video link above to see how to mount the panniers. DO NOT overload the pannier with more than 3L of water weight per side. Packing the contents to prevent excessive bouncing of contenct and thus the whole pannier on rough roads is highly reccomended. WATCH VIDEO TO SEE HOW TO PROPERLY THREAD AND SECURE THE STRAPS.
FRONT RACK MOUNTING NOTE:
Poco Panniers work great on most front full size racks. Some small front racks have very small decks and my not allow enough straps to make it secure. If the rack rail is shorter than about 8″ there may not be enough straps points. Three well spaced starps are required to prevent over stressing the bartacked hypalon daisy chain. Be Smart. If you packed pannier looks like a round barrell, there is a problem.
DYI SUPER SECURE PRO EXPEDITION MOUNTING NOTE:
If your rack has boss mounts like the Tumbleweed racks, you can install the panniers (fill them up to simulate a hanging load) and then mark the boss spots. Use a red hot nail to melt a small hole for a boss screw. Use some 1″ flat stainless steel + rubber washers to make a water resistant seal. NOTE: The boss mounts should not carry all the load but only help stability and some load carry. Be Smart: Let the top strraps and daisy chain do most of the work.
• ULTRA X 200 FABRIC: Freakishly Tough. (Replaces the 2022 Ultra 200. New for May 2023, Ultra X adds a thicker Ultra fiber reinforced .75 RUV Film. Stronger, more waterproof and a longer lasting laminate backing vs the older Ultra 200.)
• Waterproof. Fully Seam Taped.
• WATCH VIDEO TO SEE HOW TO PROPERLY THREAD AND SECURE THE STRAPS.
• Rear HDPE Stiffener Panel.
• Front and Rear Carbon Fiber wands secire load and limit contents bulge.
• Volume Variable with Roll-Top Height.
• Whistle Lock Buckle.
• Dual Top Snaps Secure and Make Loading and Rolling Easy.
• Narrow and Smooth Enough to Slip Past Single Track Brush.
• Narrow Profile Does Not Interfere with Hike A Bike.
• Super UKtra TNT Tape Seam Sealing: Seals + Adds Seam Strength.
• Designed for extreme lightweight, ultra endurance, touring and race bikepacking. Do not over load.
• Two 25mm Nylon Straps with 100lb Tough Buckles.
• One 20″ X ¾” Velcro One Wrap for Mounting Reinforcement
• 12″ X 3/16 bungee for bottom strapping.
• 2 Mini Biners for attaching bungee to most rack lower mounts bars.
ABOUT NEW 2024 ULTRA X 200 FABRIC
• Ultra X uses Ultra 200d threads in a diagonial X pattern between the face fabric and the lamitate to prevent any stretching that can weaken the laminate-to-fabric bond. Lasts far longer than the older Ultra 200.
• Woven 66% UHMWPE + 33% Recycled Polyester Face bonded with non-toxic carbon-neutral glue to a 100% recycled .75 RUV waterproof polyester backing.
• Lightweight, Highly Abrasion Resistant, Hydrophobic, Highly Cut and Tear Resistant, UV/Chemical Resistant.
• UHMWPE is 15x times Stronger than Steel.
• Smooth Low Drag Surface.
• Stronger + more abrasion resistant than 1000 Cordura.
• Tough UHWMPE slows down small gnawing animals and helps deflects sharp pointy thorny things.
• Fabric is 3X-5X more expensive than common fabrics.
• Learn more on our Fabric Mojo page.
BIKE NERD PHOTO STUFF
The above photos show the Ultra Poco Panniers on a Salsa Timberjack 29” Size Small. Whiskey #9 Boost LT Carbon Fork, Advent X Drive, Teravail Tires, DT Swiss M1900 i30 Rachet LN Wheels, RaceFace Next SL Cranks, Stamp 7 Pedals, Tumbleweed AL Bar, Tumbleweed Mini Pannier Rack, DYI Framebag, and Top Tube Bag.
Bike Base Weight: 26 lbs
With Rack & All ULTRA Bags + Cages Pictured: Sub 30lb