SUPERLIGHT SOLO BIVY ™
SectionHiker.com “Gear of the Year” Award Winner
WEIGHT: 5.5 – 8.0 oz | 155 – 230 gm
A 2004 MLD Innovation, the Pro Level SuperLight Solo Bivy ™ was the first DWR (Durable Water Repellant) top entry, super-light backpacker bivy with a net face window! Over a decade later, we are proud to say it’s still the best!
“I’d have to say that the Superlight bivy has been the one piece of backpacking gear that has had the biggest impact on my camping experience and comfort….It’s a very flexible piece of ultralight gear than can be used in a variety of situations to increase your sleeping comfort.” – PHILLIP WARNER | SECTIONHIKER.COM
The Pro Level SuperLight Solo Bivy ™ was designed to be used with overheard protection or shelter in the rain –it is not waterproof! The main functions of the SuperLight Solo Bivy ™ are:
1. To be part of a total sleep heat retention system, adding 5 – 15 degrees of warmth, especially when even a slight wind gets under and around your shelter.
2. Bug protection.
3. Built in ground cloth.
4. To protect from any blown or splashed rain /snow that gets in under your overhead shelter.
5. To shave weight from a total shelter system. It’s a 7 oz multi-purpose piece of gear that allows for a lighter sleeping bag, a smaller overhead shelter, and no ground cloth, or extra bug protection system.
6. It can be used alone for night temps above about 65 degrees when you do not need a sleeping bag but do need some wind/water protection. It adds a bit of warmth (like a sheet.)
7. It can be used alone, with no overhead tarp, for cowboy camping.
8. It pairs perfectly with a backcountry-style quilt to limit warm air venting during night moves.
9. By putting your sleep pad inside the bivy you increase the sleep pads thermal efficiency by limiting convective heat loss.
Tw people? Try our SuperLight Duo Bivy ™.
The SuperLight Solo Bivy ™, is a true Ultra Lightweight Specialists tool; please read the entire product description and specs before adding to cart. Certain options are Custom features and are non-refundable, see “Options” tab.
• TOP: Highest Quality MLD Mountain 3xDWR (Durable Water Repellent) 10D fabric – sourced specifically for our bivy’s with no compromise on price or performance. Color(s): Black, Olive Green, Orange Citrus (see “Options” tab for color recommendations.)
• FLOOR: Pro Silnylon in OD Green or White .75 DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber)
• Original Design: First DWR Backpacker Top Style Bivy with a Net Face Window
• Oversize for zero sleeping bag loft compression plus extra headroom for some gear inside
• #3 YKK deep side zipper extends to the waist for easy entry and exit
• Least expensive Ultralight High-Performance bivy made
• Mummy shaped with large volume head and foot area
• Overhead hang loop positioned over the face – clip it up under your tarp/shelter to create more air flow around the head
• Four drying hang loops- NOTE: THEY ARE NOT STAKE OUT LOOPS!!! If you use them to stake the bivy, use a small bungee cord and stake them loosely – they are not intended to function as the corners like on a tent bathtub floor!