MLD BUG BIVY 2
Bug Freedom +.
WEIGHT: Pro SilNylon: 7.0 oz | 200 gm
Another MLD Original! Bug Protection + Great Ventilation for cooler Climates, Northern Latitudes and Harsher Weather. The Bug Bivy 2 is for colder temperatures and stronger winds than the MLD Bug Bivy. Mountain 10D 3X DWR head, foot, and side panels work to provide more overall protection in harsher, changing, and more northern climates. Our 30D Pro SilNylon floor has over 4,000+ mm water resistance and is far tougher than lighter 15D or 20D lightly coated nylons!
Set Up Tip: The head peak clip can connect to a short bungee from the front tarp pole OR a small 1mm under-the -tarp ridgeline string with loops tied along the way at correct spots are perfect to clip in the peak and foot clip up. NOTE: Any preset permanent under the tarp clip points may or may not line up with all possible bivy/over head needs. Many users will not clip up the foot end.
Our goal with the MLD Bug Bivy 2 was to design the lightest fully enclosed bug protection available with great wind and blown rain protection that could be clipped under a tarp, or used under any single walled tent, tarp, poncho, or pyramid styled shelter.
Top entry works well with any size tarp and most other shaped shelters, pitched at any height. Especially helpful for smaller tarps, pitched low for heavy weather.
Available with your choice of Orange or OD Green side panels. Floor color: Grey. One size fits most users up to 6’6″ | 198 cm. Above product photos show a 6’1” | 185 cm model with a size 12 foot.
• 30D Pro SilNylon floor with over 4,000+ mm water resistance. Far tougher than lighter 15D or 20D lightly coated nylons!
• Mountain 10D 3X DWR head, foot, and side panels for greater weather protection.
• 0.7 oz sq/yd Nanoseeum® Netting keeps even the nearly invisible bugs out.
• #3 YKK 54 in | 137 cm zipper that’s long enough to avoid a midnight wrestle fest!
• Fits up to 25 x 3 x 77 sleeping pads!
• Dual function as a ground cloth when bug protection is not needed.
• Overhead hang loop at head netting apex and one at waist/knee area at end of zipper. Most users will only clip up the head end.
• 5″ tall bathtub floor with corner struts at all corners.
• Stake loops at each corner can be used with small skewer stakes to help stand up the 5″ tall bathtub floor if desired.
• Most users will not feel the need to stake it out- sleep pads, gear and sleep quilt/bag hold it down just fine.
• Easy entry through the top: Get in, reach up to suspend the net and zip up. Done.
• Stuffs sack, bungee cord and clips provided.