MLD BUG BIVY
WEIGHT: 6.5 oz | 180 gm
Another MLD Original – the first top entry Ultralight Bug Net Bivy! Bug Protection + Great Ventilation for Medium to Warm Climates. Our goal with the MLD Bug Bivy was to design the lightest fully enclosed bug protection available that could be clipped under a tarp, or used under any single wall tent, tarp, poncho or pyramid style shelter. Our 30D Pro SilNylon floor has over 4,000+ mm water resistance and is far tougher than lighter 15D or 20D lightly coated nylons!
Set Up Tip: The head peak clip can connect to a short bungee from the front tarp pole OR a small 1mm under-the -tarp ridgeline string with loops tied along the way at correct spots are perfect to clip in the peak and foot clip up. NOTE: Any preset permanent under the tarp clip points may or may not line up with all possible bivy/over head needs. Many users will not clip up the foot end.
Top entry works well with any size tarp, and almost all other shape shelters, pitched at any height. Especially helpful for smaller tarps, pitched low for heavy weather. Because it can be entered from the top, and doesn’t take up any extra room, this bivy works great in an AT shelter. It’s super lightweight and doesn’t interfere with other shelter user’s elbow space.
One size fits most users up to 6’6″ | 198 cm. Above product photos show a 6’1” | 185 cm model with a size 12 foot.
Combine the Bug Bivy with the 0.5 oz DCF Grace Solo Tarp and the light-weight bivy bottom option for a 10 oz full protection system! If you’re looking for a bug bivy that is designed for colder climates, try the Bug Bivy 2!
• 30D Pro SilNylon floor with over 4,000+ mm water resistance. Far tougher than lighter 15D or 20D lightly coated nylons!
• 0.7 oz sq/yd Nanoseeum® Netting keeps even the nearly invisible bugs out.
• #3 YKK 54 in | 137 cm zipper that’s long enough to avoid a midnight wrestle fest!
• Dual function as a ground cloth when bug protection is not needed.
• Fits up to 25 x 3 x 77 sleeping pads!
• Overhead hang loop at head netting apex and one at waist/knee area at end of zipper. Most users will only clip up the head end.
• Stake loops at each corner, that can be used with small skewer stakes to help stand up the 3″ tall bathtub floor if desired.
• Most users will not feel the need to stake it out- sleep pads, gear and sleep quilt/bag hold it down just fine.
• Easy entry through the top: Get in, reach up to suspend the net and zip up. Done.
• Stuffs sack, bungee cord and clips provided.