MLD PRO PONCHO
An Original MLD Invention
WEIGHT: 8.3 oz | 235 gm
DIMENSIONS: 5.5′ x 9′ x 5′ in | 168 x 275 x 152 cm
MLD Pro Poncho— since 2003— is an Original MLD Invention! Unique In-Line Ridgeline Hood Design means hood closes flat and rolls down in tarp mode— no flappy hole in the middle to catch the rain!
This 8 oz rain protection poncho AND tarp shelter lets experienced speed hikers and FKT racers push their limits by saving gear and shelter weight.
Advanced users will pick this rain and shelter option for moderate weather and terrain when the probability of freezing to death is low, depending on their individual skill and ability to “take care of business” when things go wrong.
“When The Going Gets Weird, The Weird Turn Pro.” — Hunter Thompson
• Roll Closed In-Line Hood – An MLD Invention!
• 20d Pro SilNylon Gray; low snag potential in poncho mode.
• Longer and wider than any other hiker poncho.
• Fits 5’5″- 6’5″ (167-198 cm) very well.
• Hood offset forward for more coverage over the backpack.
• Wider head end for better tarp mode coverage.
• Small catenary curve cut to the ridgeline for a tighter tarp pitch.
• Small catenary curve cut to the ends for a tighter tarp pitch.
• Ground edge is 4″ shorter than the ridgeline for a tighter and easier tarp pitch.
• One underside bivy hang loop positioned above the chest.
• SilNylon Stuff Sack + .3 oz / 8 gm
• Waist Bungee Cord + .3 oz / 8 gm
• 50′ Yellow or OD Green 2.7 mm Guyline.
• Silicone Seam Sealer for DYI Seam Sealing
• Matching SilNyon Repair Swatch
Why No DCF Version?
1: It would cost $400+
2: In .75, it would only save 2oz, and .5 DCF is a no-go for a poncho when you are out on the edge.
3: It would be more fragile in poncho mode.
4: DCF snags more on the brush; silnylon slides along.