MONK FLAT TARP
WEIGHT: 5 – 8 oz | 142 – 225 gm
SHAPE: Flat Rectangle
The Monk Flat Tarp is a lesson in refined simplicity: a seamless, rectangular shaped flat tarp that can be pitched in a variety of ways, to suit your immediate needs and changing weather.
“I’ve tried similar size tarps from other cottage manufacturers simply because they were lighter and less expensive but I’m yet to find one on the level of quality which you find with MLD products.” – UL Gear Blog
• 20d Pro SilNyon or .75 DCF (Dyneema Composite Fabric) options
• Can be pitched in a variety of ways: A Frame, Half Pyramid and Lean-To
• Fourteen Tieouts: Twelve perimeter and two center panel tie outs.
• Center panel tieouts have internal hang loops
• LineLocks on all perimeter tieouts. LineLock weight is included in the listed weight, but can be removed to save about 1 oz | 28 gm
NOTE: The SilNylon Monk Tarps are not seam sealed. We suggest you use Silicone Seam Sealer (available separately) to seal the two center Tieouts. Adding Sealer on the tieouts reinforcement stitching is also a good idea. DCF version does not need any sealing.
• Silnylon Stuff Sack
• 50′ | 16m of 2.7 MM Pro Guyline
Soda (verified owner) –
I recently purchased the Cuben version of this tarp and I am very happy with it so far. This is the lightest flat tarp that I could find and is a great addition to my kit. Extra points for the great price!
Highly recommend this for the experienced tarp user.
Mark Creaney (verified owner) –
I’ve used the Monk Tarp for a while as my primary shelter and love it’s small footprint . .. and can pitch it places other tarps fear to tread! Have not been out in snowy conditions but it seems to handle everything else with ease .. also small enough to slip into my pack almost unnoticed! Love It!