EXODUS CF 55L | 3500 CI
Backpacker Magazine: Best UL Pack
WEIGHT: 17 oz | 480 3500 Ci
LOAD RANGE: 20-25 LBS | 9-12 KG
We took our Backpacker Magazine awarding winning Exodus 57L – the lightest full-size, full-featured, frameless pack made – and we made an even lighter DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) version!
The Exodus CF is a professional level frameless backpack designed for serious lightweight backpackers. It’s a thru-hikers dream come true!
“The EXODUS DCF 55L is a staff favorite and has been on many of our trips. Tough, durable and nearly-waterproof with DCF fabric it weighs only 17 oz. As such, it’s the lightest pack in our arsenal with the single best volume/weight ratio — which says a lot when listed next to the other nine best packs on the market. ”
NOTE: The only difference between the current Exodus and Prophet is that the Exodus has a 5″ taller top extension collar and a 1.5″ hipbelt webbing. Many LG and ALL XL torso users may prefer the Exodus.
NOTE: Optional hip belt pockets, shoulder strap pockets, and pack lids are available in Stealth Grey only.
DCF (DYNEEMA® COMPOSITE FABRIC A.K.A. CUBEN FIBER) VERSION FEATURES
• DCF version is seam taped inside for better water resistance. Keys areas are also liquid seam sealed. It’s not as water resistant as a dedicated River Style Dry Bag but does a good job of rain protection. Use of stuff sacks inside encouraged, but there is no need for an additional pack liner or rain cover.
• DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) is a little stiffer material making is a bit easier to load.
• DCF version uses a roll top design integrated into the side compression system for simplicity.
• DCF version does not have the bottom volume reduction loops, hydration ports or inside hang loops
• DCF version is the same size and constructed as the Dyneema version
• DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) does not absorb water: The pack has slightly fewer straps, so it will weight 1 – 3 oz less when wet in prolonged rains.
• The light colored DCF makes the interior brighter to help locate gear in low-light.
• We love the awesome white color!
• DCF version uses the same EVA padded shoulder and hip belts.
• DCF version weighs slightly less
EXODUS DESIGN FEATURES
• One of the most supportive and cushioned hip belts in any sub 20 oz frameless pack. Padded SuperWick Mesh lined waist belt wings with 1.5″ webbing and buckle. Adjusts from about 28″ to 45″.
• S-shaped, comfort shoulder straps: 3″ wide X .8″ thick, SuperWick Mesh lined with full length highest quality 1/2″ thick EVA foam padding. Our shoulder straps are thicker and wider than most all other lightweight packs. Shoulder strap lower pack attachments are isolated from the hip belt for move comfort…yes; comfort is all in the details.
• Curved, SuperWick Mesh lined ergonomically shaped shoulder straps with full-length daisy chains to mount water bottle and accessory pouches. These are very comfortable shoulder straps and are super tough.
• Curved Side Panels: A slight curve from the waist to the shoulders moves the load closer to the upper back for more comfort. This also creates a slightly larger main compartment higher in the pack that helps load control by moving the heavier and higher packed gear higher to reduces shoulder stress.
• Hybrid Mesh/DX 210D Ripstop Side and Rear Pockets. The leading edge of the side pockets are DX 210D Ripstop to prevent snagging when moving through the bush. The lower 5″ of the rear pocket is DX 210D RipStop to prevent abrasion from sharp contents or butt sliding accidents. The 4 oz sq yd open-hole non-stretch drains fast to allow contents to dry more quickly than a tight stretch mesh or solid fabric. DX 210D Ripstop elastic top sleeves for long term Durability and elastic replacement. Slanted side mesh pockets are deep enough for a 2L Platy. Pocket top bungee sleeves of DX 210D Ripstop for long term durability. Pocket adjusts by pulling the bungee closed through the cord lock. Many lower priced packs simply bind over the top of the raw mesh with regular garment type elastic that loses it’s stretch in a few years and doesn’t stretch in deep cold weather.
• 4oz sq yd Open-hole non-stretch mesh. Stronger than stretch mesh that is twice the weight. Easy to field repair, does not absorb water and drains fast. DX 210D RipStop elastic top sleeves for long term Durability and easy bungee elastic replacement.
• Dual ice axe/trek pole loops.
• The main bag is large enough for a solo bear canister vertical or horizontal depending on how you pack your sleep pad.
• Removable multi-position “Awesome Sternum Strap” with Black Whistle-Lock Buckle 0.5 oz (not included in base pack weight)
• Side V compression straps with full strength buckles.
• Long shoulder straps terminate in hand/finger rest loops.
• 10″ of black 1/8″ bungee cord
• 2 mini cord clips and 3 cord locks