Reach Greater Heights.
WEIGHT: 0.5 – 1.4 OZ | 14 – 40 GM
If your trekking poles are too short for your shelter, or you need extra length to adjust the height of your tarp pitch for more ventilation, our Trekking Pole Jacks are for you!
Available in aluminum or carbon fiber, these jacks fit most modern trekking pole tips. If you have larger than average tips on your trekking poles, we recommend using the aluminum jacks, as they have a slightly larger inner diameter. If your trekking pole tips are more slender (Ex: Black Diamond Distance Z’s), we recommend using the slightly smaller diameter Carbon Fiber Jacks. Popular poles styles, like Leki’s, will fit in either.
These Trekking Pole Jacks come in 6″ and 12″ lengths, or you can select a “Custom” length, and let us know what size you require.
NOTE: Most trek pole tips insert into the Jacks about 2″ . A 6″ jack adds about 4″ of total pole height.
Pole Jacks can be cut down to be the shortest and lightest possible for your set up. Aluminum pole jacks can be cut with a pipe cutter or a fine tooth hacksaw. Carbon Fiber pole jacks can be cut with a fine blade tile saw or a very fine tooth hacksaw. Be sure to pre-wrap the carbon fiber jacks tightly with tape before cutting. Finish both Aluminum and Carbon Fiber pole jacks by smoothing off the edges with fine sand paper.
Need a pole jack for an existing tent pole? Check out our Custom Poles & Pole Jacks.
IMPORTANT SHELTER SPECIFIC NOTES
• SOLOMID XL: Full size 145 cm poles are long enough for the SoloMid XL. Shorter trek poles will need a 2″-6″ jack.
• DUOMID: Most trekking poles are not long enough for the center of a DuoMid and need a 2″-6″ jack.
• SOLOMID XL & DUOMID: We send a free Aluminum 6″ pole jack with all SoloMid XL and DuoMids. You may use the 6″ Carbon Fiber Pole Jack product here to save weight, or purchase a new Aluminum 6″ Jack should you need a new one.
• DUOMID XL & SUPERMID: Trekking Pole Jacks do not work with the DuoMid XL or SuperMids as they are too large. We include a different pole connector strap with the purchase of those shelters.
• DUOMID XL, SUPERMID & MONDOMID: We sell the 12″ jacks, but caution you that using a single 12″ jack with a single trekking pole in the center of a Mid may over stress the pole tip and snap it. Be careful! In general, if you need more than a 6″ jack for a single center pole set up, it is better to use both poles strapped together to form one longer pole. We send a free pole connector with all DuoMid XL, SuperMids and MondoMids. Replacements are available.
• Pole Jack of your desired length