SERENITY BUGNET SHELTER ™
An MLD Core Product Since 2003.
WEIGHT: 8 – 16 oz | 340 – 454 gm
An original super ultralight net tarp insert, the Serenity BugNet Shelter ™ has been an MLD core product since 2003. The Serenity BugNet Shelter can be pitched alone for protection from all types of evil burrowing bugs, scorpions, stinging centipedes, snakes, polar bears, coyote and rabid marmot offspring. (WARNING: Does NOT protect against Demon Pikas!) OR, combine the Serenity with almost any sized tarp to instantly create a sub-one-pound modular tent system!
The Serenity fits perfectly with the MLD Grace Solo and Duo Tarps, to form full protection shelters starting at 8oz | 340 gm! Combine the Serenity with a DCF Patrol Tarp Shelter for even more weather protection.
The foot end of the Serenity is solid fabric, while the head end is 2/3 solid bottom with the top 1/3 net for views and ventilation. Adjustable trekking poles, or any stick or tree, work best with the Serenity. The MLD CF tarp poles are not tall enough for the front of the Duo Serenity.
If you are using this with another tarp, it should be noted that tarps with ridgelines 8.5′ | 260 cm or longer are suggested, and tarps with front beaks over 8′ | 244 cm are okay.
• Silnylon OR DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) Floor
• 5″ bathtub floor/wall offers more living space and fast set up
• Corner LineLocks for fast connect to shelter corners or stakes.
• Double zip meeting in the lower corner for a full door opening
• Fits a long size sleeping bag
• 6’1″ model shows it pretty roomy
• .7oz sq/yd Nanoseeum™ bug mesh
• #3 YKK zip/ dual-sided zip pull
• Offers good privacy under a tarp
• Once you have set up your tarp, it clips up in less than a minute! Corner staking is optional.
• Stuff Sack
• 1/8″ Buinkee for corner Linelocks
• 3/32″ bungee for peaks hang loops/connections.