PROPHET CF 48L | 2900 CI
Let it Guide You.
WEIGHT: 14.5 oz | 411 gm
CAPACITY: 48L | 2900 CI
LOAD RANGE: 18 – 22 lb | 8 – 10 kg
NOTE: AUG 28, 2018: DCF Packs ordered now will be a Medium Gray Color. Pictures Soon!
MED and LG Prophet have the wider 3″ straps and updated padded hip belt wings. 29″ minimum Girth.
Small Prophet has 2.5″ straps and padded hip belt wings. 27″ minimum girth.
(Pictures show old Prophet and will be updated soon.)
The Prophet CF 48L | 2900 CI is the glowing white DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) version of our super popular, Prophet 48L | 2900 CI. At 14.5 oz, this pack is sized for modern ultralight and super ultralight backpacking. It is also an exceptional alpine attack style climbing pack!
With one of the most supportive and cushioned hip-belts in any sub 16 oz frameless pack, S-shaped unisex comfort shoulder straps, and our new curved side panels, this is a pack you can wear all day in comfort.
Let the Prophet DCF guide you on your next big adventure.
NOTE: Optional hip belt pockets, shoulder strap pockets, and pack lids are available in Stealth Grey only.
DCF (DYNEEMA® COMPOSITE FABRIC A.K.A. CUBEN FIBER) VERSION FEATURES
• DCF version is seam taped inside for better water resistance. Keys areas are also liquid seam sealed. It’s not as water resistant as a dedicated River Style Dry Bag but does a good job of rain protection. Use of stuff sacks inside encouraged, but there is no need for an additional pack liner or rain cover.
• DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) is a little stiffer material making is a bit easier to load.
• DCF version uses a roll top design integrated into the side compression system for simplicity.
• DCF version does not have the bottom volume reduction loops, hydration ports or inside hang loops
• DCF version is the same size and constructed as the Dyneema version
• DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) does not absorb water: The pack has slightly fewer straps, so it will weight 1- 3 oz less when wet in prolonged rains.
• The White colored DCF makes the interior brighter to help locate gear in low-light.
• We love the awesome white color!
• DCF version uses a double-thick lower back panel in DCF + Dyneema X for abrasion resistance.
• DCF version uses the same EVA padded shoulder and hip belts.
• DCF version weighs slightly less
PROPHET DESIGN FEATURES
• NEW FOR 2017: Curved Side Panels: A slight curve from the waist to the shoulders moves the load closer to the upper back for more comfort. This also creates a slightly larger main compartment higher in the pack that helps load control by moving the heavier and higher packed gear higher to reduces shoulder stress.
• S-shaped unisex, ergonomically designed comfort shoulder straps are 3″ wide and SuperWick mesh lined with full length foam padding. These are the most comfy straps on any 14 oz pack! These very comfortable shoulder straps and are super tough. Size Small 2.5″ wide.
• Shoulder straps have full-length Daisy Chains to mount water bottle and gear pouches.
• One of the most supportive and cushioned hip-belts in any sub 16 oz frameless pack. Padded SuperWick Mesh lined waist belt hip-belt wings with 1″ webbing and buckle. Adjusts from about 28″ to 45.”
•Volume reduction bottom system: Two clips and spectra loops connect to reduce volume 30% for day pack use and small loads.
• Hybrid Mesh/Dyneema X Side and Rear Pockets. The leading edge of the side pockets are Dyneema X to prevent snagging when moving through the bush. The lower 5″ of the rear pocket is Dyneema X to prevent abrasion from sharp contents or butt sliding accidents. The 4 oz sq/yd open hole non-stretch drains fast to allow contents to dry faster than a tight stretch mesh or solid fabric. Dyneema X elastic top sleeves for long term Durability and elastic replacement.
• Slanted side mesh pockets are deep enough for a 2 L Platy. Pocket top bungee sleeves of Dyneema X for long term durability. Pocket adjusts by pulling the bungee closed through the cord lock. Many lower priced packs simply bind over the top of the raw mesh with regular garment type elastic that loses it’s stretch in a few years and does stretch in deep cold weather.
• Dual ice axe/trek pole loops.
• Main pack area is large enough for a solo bear canister vertical or horizontal depending on how you pack your sleep pad.
• Removable multi-position “Most Awesome Sternum Strap In The World” with Black Whistle-lock Buckle 0.5 oz (not included in base pack weight
• Side V compression straps with full strength buckles.
• Long shoulder straps terminate in hand/finger rest loops.
• 10″ of black 1/8″ bungee cord
• 2 mini cord clips and 3 cord locks