PROPHET DCF 48L | 2900 CI
Let it Guide You.
WEIGHT: 17oz | 430 gm
CAPACITY: 48L | 2900 CI
LOAD RANGE: 18 – 25 lb | 8 – 12 kg
2022 DCF All Black Color Only
The Prophet DCF 48L | 2900 CI is the grey DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) version of our super popular, Prophet 48L | 2900 CI. At 17 oz, this pack is sized for modern ultralight and super ultralight backpacking.
2022 Design Change: Stronger and more abrasion resistant. The rear main pocket is now solid matching fabric with lower corner drain mesh like the side pockets. Not shown in current pictures.
One of the most supportive and cushioned hip-belts in any true UL frameless pack, wide S-shaped unisex comfort shoulder straps + curved side panel makes this is a pack you can wear all day in comfort. Let the Prophet DCF guide you on your next big adventure.
Award: Best Frameless Pack
“Our writers and editors own multiple frameless packs and we think the Mountain Laurel Designs (MLD) Prophet is our favorite frameless pack. It weighs about a pound, is very well made and has perfect volume for multi-day, lightweight adventures.” – 2019 TREELINE REVIEW
“The Mountain Laurel Designs Prophet is a featherweight frameless backpack designed for experienced ultralight travelers and thru-hikers. This pack is simple and strong, keeping weight to an absolute minimum for those looking to crush miles.” – 1 of the 10 Best Lightweight Backpacks of 2019 – CleverHiker.com
SIZE NOTES: MED and LG have have wide 3″ shoulder straps and full size padded hip belt wings with 29″ minimum girth. Small has 2.75″ straps and slightly narrower fully padded hip belt wings with 27″ minimum girth. If you are over 6’3″ you will need the Exodus XL.
PROPHET VS EXODUS:
The main pack bag dimensions and outside pockets are the same size. The Exodus has a 5″ taller extension collar. The Prophet weighs about 1 oz less. The Prophet is available in a size Small, but not XL. The Exodus is offered in the M, L and XL torso sizes only. Those are the only differences. Choose the Exodus if you are a larger person (think XL synthetic jacket or XL Quilt) or plan on using it in colder temps where you may need extra room at the top to pack for lightweight extra volume clothing or sleep gear.
NOTE: Optional hip belt pockets and shoulder strap pockets in Dark Grey DX 201d only.
DCF (DYNEEMA® COMPOSITE FABRIC) FEATURES
• DCF Prophet is seam taped inside for better water resistance. A tube of sealer is supplied to use on the outside seams, stitching and barracks to add to the durability and water resistance. NOTE: It is not a full dry bag and not submersible.
• Roll top design secures into the integrated side compression straps. This helps stabilize the load significantly vs only a single over the top strap.
• Over The Top adjustable Y strap secures and stabilize loads and provides a secure strapping system to attach items on top of the pack.
• DCF version is the same size and constructed as the DX 210D Ripstop version.
• DCF fabric does not absorb water.
• Many internal DCF reinforcements are bonded to the body in high stress areas. Other areas are over-taped for even more strength.
DCF PROPHET DESIGN FEATURES
• Curved Side Panels: A slight curve from the waist to the shoulders move the load closer to the upper back for more comfort. This creates a slightly larger main compartment higher in the pack that aids load control and natural hip rotation by moving the heavier gear up to reduces shoulder stress.
• S-shaped unisex comfort shoulder straps are 3″ wide X 0.8″ thick. SuperWick mesh lined with full-length highest quality 1/2″ EVA foam padding. Our shoulder straps are thicker and wider than other lightweight packs. Full length daisy chain accepts Shoulder Strap Pouches and add durability and strength. See SPECS Tab for more info.
• Large padded lightweight DX 210D Ripstop hip-belt wings with 1″ webbing and an ultra lightweight buckle. Optional removable Hip Pockets can be attached. Hip belt wings are separate from the shoulder strap. Easy to cut off if no hipbelt desired.
• Large, slanted side pockets are deep enough for a 2L Platypus or a taller 1.5L SmartWater bottle. Top bungee sleeves are DX 210D Ripstop for long term durability cheaper style wrapped tops of uncovered elastic bands. Pocket adjusts by pulling the bungee closed through the cord lock. Double Bungee cord is 1/8″ thick 40 below rated. Many packs simply bind over the top of the raw mesh with regular garment type elastic that loses it’s stretch in a few years and does not do well in deep cold weather.
• 8 bungee attachment web loops with 7mm glide rings for load compression and gear lashing.
• 10″ of black 1/8″ bungee cord. Can be used for strapping gear on the outside or adding compression to the pack body. (Not included in base pack weight)
• 2 mini cord clips and 3 cord locks (Not included in base pack weight)
• “Most Awesome Sternum Strap In The World” with Black Whistle-Lock Buckle 0.5 oz (Not included in base pack weight)