PATROL TARP SHELTER ™
A Long Distance Hiker’s Best Friend.
WEIGHT: 6.5 – 16 oz | 185 – 454 gm
SHAPE: A Frame W/ Closed Foot & Front Beak
With a closed rear foot triangle and overhanging beak at the head, the ultralight Patrol Tarp Shelter ™ is truly a long distance hiker’s best friend. The front can be pitched low and wide, partially closing off the beak end for protection from high winds and other inclement weather, or pitched high during fair weather for maximum ventilation. The Serenity BugNet Shelter fits both the Solo and Duo Patrol Tarp Shelter’
s to form a two wall modular ultralight tent system with bug protection.
“A long distance hikers Best friend! I used my Patrol Shelter most nights on the A.T. There is absolutely no wear visible and it never leaked a drop. The interesting thing about DCF is that there is very little to no condensation. If anyone is asking themselves if DCF is worth it… IT TOTALLY IS! Advantages: no stretch, lightest weight, stronger than steel, absorbs no water, translucent (can actually see stars through it), and it’s quieter than SilNylon or spinnaker; though probably more due to the excellent design of the Patrol Shelter.”
– TRIPLE CROWNER, MATTHEW “ICE AX” EDWARDS
The Patrol Tarp is available in two sizes – solo and duo – as well as in a range of fabrics, weights, and colors to meet your outdoor (and fashion) needs.
The CF Tarp Poles do not fit the DUO size tarp. The Duo patrol requires two trek poles.
Visit Fabric Mojo for more information on our fabrics.
• No zippers, flaps, latches, clips, snaps, Velcro or any moving parts
• Closed rear foot triangle provides great protection and allows a shorter length tarp with even more coverage overhang at head end
• Fast Set Up: Stake out rear corners, set rear pole, set front pole, stake out front corners!
• All tie-outs include line-tensioners
• Interior ridgeline gear hang loops for tying up bivy hoods, bug nets, etc.
• Beak has a reinforced interior apex for using a pole against the inside plus an exterior tie-out on the apex. Longer non-adjustable pole users can place the pole at the edge of the beak, tie a line from the exterior apex to the pole and stake that out and then uses a short bungee line to tie clip the beak mid height to the pole
• Silnylon Stuff Sack
• 40′ MLD Pro Guyline
• 1.5 oz Tube McNett Silnet Seam Sealer
NOTE: The SilNylon version of this tarp requires user seam sealing! Check out the “Seam Sealing” tab for instructions & tips.