SUPERLIGHT DUO BIVY ™
SectionHiker.com “Gear of the Year” Award Winner
WEIGHT: 9.0 – 12.0 oz | 255 – 340 gm
A 2004 MLD Innovation, the Pro Level SuperLight Duo Bivy ™ was the first DWR (Durable Water Repellant) top entry, super-light backpacker bivy with an all net only hood built for 2 people! Over a decade later, we are proud to say it’s still the best!
This bivy is just like the famousSuperLight Solo Bivy ™, except it is CUSTOM SIZED FOR 2 PEOPLE! Unlike the Solo, the Duo has an all net hood only for comfort, and dual-side zippers, for easy entry/exit for both parties.
“I’d have to say that the Superlight bivy has been the one piece of backpacking gear that has had the biggest impact on my camping experience and comfort….It’s a very flexible piece of ultralight gear than can be used in a variety of situations to increase your sleeping comfort.” – PHILLIP WARNER | SECTIONHIKER.COM
The Pro Level SuperLight Duo Bivy ™ was designed to be used with overheard protection or shelter in the rain –it is not waterproof! The main functions of the SuperLight Dou Bivy ™ are:
1. To be part of a total sleep heat retention system, adding 5 – 15 degrees of warmth, especially when even a slight wind gets under and around your shelter.
2. Bug protection.
3. Built in ground cloth.
4. To protect from any blown or splashed rain /snow that gets in under your overhead shelter.
5. To shave weight from a total shelter system. It’s a 9oz multi-purpose piece of gear that allows for a lighter sleeping bag, a smaller overhead shelter, and no ground cloth, or extra bug protection system.
6. It can be used alone for night temps above about 65 degrees when you do not need a sleeping bag but do need some wind/water protection. It adds a bit of warmth (like a sheet.)
7. It can be used alone, with no overhead tarp, for cowboy camping.
8. It pairs perfectly with a backcountry-style quilt to limit warm air venting during night moves.
9. By putting your sleep pad inside the bivy you increase the sleep pads thermal efficiency by limiting convective heat loss.
Just one person? Try our SuperLight Solo Bivy ™.
The SuperLight Duo Bivy ™, is a true Ultra Lightweight Specialists tool; please read the entire product description and specs before adding to cart. Certain options are Custom features and are non-refundable, see “Options” tab.
• TOP: Highest Quality MLD Mountain 3xDWR (Durable Water Repellent) 10D fabric – sourced specifically for our bivy’s with no compromise on price or performance. Color(s): Black, Olive Green, Orange Citrus (see “Options” tab for color recommendations.)
• FLOOR: Pro Silnylon in OD Green, or White .75 DCF
• All net only hood
• Oversize for zero sleeping bag loft compression plus extra headroom for some gear inside
• #3YKK zip with dual-sided pulls on each side that extend to the waist for easy entry and exit.
• Least expensive Ultralight High-Performance bivy made
• Mummy shaped with large volume head and foot area
• Overhead hang loop positioned over the face – clip it up under your tarp/shelter to create more air flow around the head
• Four drying hang loops- NOTE: THEY ARE NOT STAKE OUT LOOPS!!! If you use them to stake the bivy, use a small bungee cord and stake them loosely – they are not intended to function as the corners like on a tent bathtub floor!
NOTE: The Superlight Duo Bivy is a CUSTOM SIZE and is NON-RETURNABLE.