ClimaShield Apex Warmth.
WEIGHT: 1.6 oz – 2.2 oz | 45 gm – 62 gm
The MLD Apex Balaclava is filled with ClimaShield Apex Synthetic Insulation, which, unlike down fill, will keep your head warm even when it’s wet. Not sold on synthetic? We present “7 Reasons Why An Apex Synthetic Balaclava Beats a Down Balaclava”:
1. As mentioned, Apex is warmer when wet.
2. Apex dries faster than down.
3. Due to faster drying, there is less condensation build up during constant wear.
4. Apex is thinner than down at the same temp rating.
5. Much easier and faster to field wash and dry.
6. Fewer seams than a down balaclava.
7. Almost Zero % allergenic compared to down.
Yes, the same balaclava in down is a whopping 0.3 oz lighter, but is it worth it? Even if you are using a down sleeping bag, down quilt, and hoodless down jacket, we think going with an Apex Synthetic Balaclava is a wise choice.
Comes in two sizes and two fill options.
• MLD Mountain 10D X 10D Micro Ripstop 3X DWR fabric 0.72 oz sq/yd outer
• ClimaShield Apex Synthetic fill
• Absolute minimum # of stitched seams for more strength and water resistance
• Adjustable drawcord face hole can be cinched over eyes for sleeping or around glasses /goggles to keep your eyeballs from freezin’
• Underarm bungee cords hold hood secure and keeps it straight & centered over face
• Extra long and wide neck and back tongues to prevent drafts when used with a hood-less quilt