DCF DRY BAGS
WEIGHT: 0.7 oz – 1.8 oz | 12 gm – 47 gm
COLOR NOTE: Due to DCF supply shortages the color may be a light green or a light/med gray depending on stock at the time.
Mountain Laurel Designs has been making bonded DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) backpacking gear longer than any other company. Which is why we are proud to say, our MLD DCF Dry Bag is the perfect solution for storing important gear you need to keep dry.
• Small size is perfect for: Emergency kit, medical kit, GPS, phone, small items.
• Medium size is perfect for: Very small down quilt or sleeping bag, clothing.
• Large size is perfect for: Down and/or light synthetic quilt or sleeping bag, bear hang bag w/ an OP Sak
• X-Large size is perfect for: Use as a small pack liner, or for other large items in your pack. (It’s big but – NOT A BEAR HANG BAG!)
Purchase them individually, or as a set. Set of three includes one small,one medium, and one large. Set of four includes one small,one medium, one large, and one x-large.
• Maximum strength construction w/ all bonded seams.
• Extremely light and very strong.
• Top buckles are securely bonded and sewn to the main bag using two layers of 3 oz per sq/yd hybrid DCF.
• 1.5 oz per sq/yd Tough DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) – DCF laminates (there are many types, strengths and weights) use unidirectional pre-impregnated tapes of in-line plasma treated Dyneema/Spectra fibers spread to mono-filament level Mylar films with titanium UV protection. This weight and type of DCF is over three times stronger and more waterproof then what we use in our tarps. Plus our bonding is highly UV resistant.
• Envelope Shape – An MLD Innovation in light stuff-sacks – allows for the shortest and strongest seams with the least pressure on the seams when stuffed. This shape packs easier too.
• Top rolls down and then buckles closed like a dry bag. Large sizes can be rolled down to become one size smaller. * Size up when in doubt*
• MLD product tag functions as the bottom pull grip to ease removing stuffed clothing, etc.
• Tough Lightweight Buckle – OK to hang and use as a Bear Bag. Max weight is 10 lbs | 4.5 kg for hanging.
NOTE: Exterior should be protected from puncture and heavy abrasion. The MLD DCF Dry Bag is very strong and waterproof – but its not a 12 oz super burly river dry-bag to shove into the bow of your kayak either.