LIGHTWEIGHT SEWING KIT
WEIGHT: 1.4 ox | 40 gm
We took the very nice McNett Gear Aid Outdoor Sewing Kit with 16 items and added a few more key items to our lightweight sewing kit:
+ 5 yds 100% Dyneema Thread: STRONG!!!
+ #3 and #5 YKK double-side zipper pull (not pictured)
+ .25 oz Tube Seam Grip – Seal seams and cover/seal Dyneema X sewn repairs on packs, seal stitching, etc.
+ 1 sq/ft of 210D Dyneema X Fabric : STRONG!!! Patch it like you mean it!
• Original Kit includes: storage container, thimble, seam ripper, bobbin, 2 x buttons, 4 x sewing needles, 3 x straight pins, 2 x safety pins and a gear repair manual.
• PLUS the FOUR extras listed above.
• Includes high-quality needles and nylon thread
• Repair ripped clothing and tears in outdoor gear
• Packaged in lightweight twist-tube for in-field use
Most items have multiple uses: Thread = Floss, Pins = Pierce Blisters, Safety Pins replace earrings and seal broken zippers, ETC. Select the various parts supplied to create your own custom kit to match your gear and your trip.
NOTE: SeamGrip bonds to Cuben and PU coated fabrics and many other various materials but not Silnylon. See SilFix for Silnylon gear.