WEIGHT: 20″ X 80″ | 51cm X 203cm : 6.6oz | 187gm
40″ X 80″ | 102cm X 203cm : 13.2oz | 334gm
THICKNESS: 1/4″ | 6.2 mm
R VALUE: About .8
Rolled Diameter: 20X80 = 5″
NOTE: Due to significant 2023 USPS shipping increase for dimension shipping (especially the 40X80 sheets that must go Priority) the prices have had to go up. Check adjusted price in your carts.
CANNOT SHIP OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.
The GoodNight EVA 1/4″ Evazote Foam Pad is perfect for hammock sleepers and for colder temps under an inflatable pad on the ground.
Many users find this pad, plus a light to medium thick hammock underquilt, makes the perfect hammock insulation system for a wide range of cold temperatures. For temperatures above 45° F | 8° C, this pad can be used without an underquilt.
In addition to hammock use, the 1/4 Foam Pad can be used on its own for a super ultralight sleep pad, or you can stick it under your UL inflatable pad for added puncture protection and to boost your inflatables R-value. The 1/4″ foam pad is especially great as a winter/ snow booster, adding warmth to any other pad. As a bonus, if your inflatable goes Kaflooy, you’ll have this pad as a backup to get you through the night! What else can it do? Use it as a non-slip surface under a SilNylon Bivy or sleeping pad, as a ground cloth, as a sit pad, as a gear sorting pad, or fold it and use it as a virtual frame in a frameless backpack.
The GoodNight EVA Hammock 1/4 Foam Pad is made of Evazote® closed cell cross-linked ethylene copolymer foam. We use Evazote® foams, as they are tougher and more resilient than cheaper Plastazote foams. We use the lightest EVA available for a GoodNight!
NOTE: Some pads may have small cosmetic imperfections or mailing crease marks. This is normal for all thin light foam pads. This does not affect the strength or performance. Foam pads are not returnable.
All types of thin foam of any type from any company should be protected from high heat. Temps above 120 degrees can cause shrinkage. Do not store in a hot car. Do not leave it unrolled on the ground in direct sun when actual ground temps on the dark foam can go above 120 degrees. Do not leave it under a collapsed tent all day in hot sunny weather. Shrinkage from hot temps is not covered by warranty.
* R VALUE: We very conservatively estimate the R value at .8 In real life field use, it depends on you system and you body weight comresssing the pad, the functional R Value may be higher. We estimate adding this thin 1/4″ pad under another sleep pad will add about 14-20 degrees extra comfort to the pad system. Example: Uninsulated inflatable UL pad good to 38 Degrees would then be good to about 20 degrees.
Looking for something a little thinner? Try our GoodNight EVA 1/8″ Foam Pad.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS OUTSIDE THE US:
CANNOT SHIP OUTSIDE OF THE U.S. Dimensional size make the shipping cost very expensive.
Contact us first but expect to pay double to quadruple shipping costs.
• Tough & Resiliant Evazote® closed cell cross-linked ethylene copolymer foam MADE IN THE USA
• Super UL
• Versatile: Hammock insulation pad, UL sleep pad, puncture protection, R-value Booster, ground cloth, sit pad, gear sort surface, virtual frame, non-slip under layer
• 20″ X 80″ | 51cm X 203cm $44
• 40″ X 80″ | 102cm X 203cm $77
** Listed sizes and their weights may vary +/- 5%.
There are no reviews yet.