WEIGHT: 3.3 – 10 oz | 94 – 283 gm
THICKNESS: 1/4″ | 6.2 mm
R VALUE: 0 About .8 *See Below
MADE IN THE USA
CANNOT SHIP THIS 1/4″ PAD OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.A
The GoodNight EVA 1/4″ Evazote Foam Pad is perfect for hammock sleepers and colder temps under an inflatable on the ground.
Many users find this pad, plus a light to medium thick hammock underquilt, makes the perfect hammock insulation system for a wide range of cold temperatures. For temperatures above 45° F | 8° C, this pad can be used without an underquilt. Most hammock users will want to purchase the 25″ or 40″ wide version.
In addition to hammock use, the 1/4 Foam Pad can be used on its own for a super ultralight sleep pad, or you can stick it under your UL inflatable pad for added puncture protection and to boost your inflatables R-value. The 1/4″ foam pad is especially great as a winter/ snow booster, adding warmth to any other pad. As a bonus, if your inflatable goes Kaflooy, you’ll have this pad as a backup to get you through the night! What else can it do? Use it as a non-slip surface under a SilNylon Bivy or sleeping pad, as a ground cloth, as a sit pad, as a gear sorting pad, or fold it and use it as a virtual frame in a frameless backpack.
The GoodNight EVA Hammock 1/4 Foam Pad is made of Evazote® closed cell cross-linked ethylene copolymer foam. We use Evazote® foams, as they are tougher and more resilient than cheaper Plastazote foams. We use the lightest EVA available for a GoodNight!
* R VALUE: We very conservatively estimate the R value at .8 In real life field use, it depends on you system and you body weight comresssing the pad, the functional R Value may be higher. We estimate adding this thin 1/4″ pad under another sleep pad will add about 14-20 degrees extra comfort to the pad system. Example: Uninsulated inflatable UL pad good to 38 Degrees would then be good to about 20 degrees.
Looking for something a little thinner? Try our GoodNight EVA 1/8″ Foam Pad.
NOTE: WE CANNOT SHIP THIS 1/4″ PAD OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.A, as the shipped/packed size makes the postage much higher than our $38.00 per single order “Outside the US” Flat Shipping Rate. IF you live outside the U.S.A. and would reappy like this pad, CONTACT US for a possible exception + pricing. Your pad may be shipped rolled OR folded in a large envelope; small surface blemishes may occur during shipping similar to using your mat for a couple of nights or carrying it in a pack for a few days.
• Tough & Resiliant Evazote® closed cell cross-linked ethylene copolymer foam MADE IN THE USA
• Super UL
• Versatile: Hammock insulation pad, UL sleep pad, puncture protection, R-value Booster, ground cloth, sit pad, gear sort surface, virtual frame, non-slip under layer
• 20″ X 40″ | 51cm X 102cm $20
• 20″ X 60″ | 51cm X 152cm $28
• 20″ X 80″ | 51cm X 203cm $32
• 40″ X 60″ | 102cm X 152cm $58
** Listed sizes and their weights may vary +/- 5%.