WEIGHT: 1.75 – 6.6 oz | 48 – 187 gm
THICKNESS: 1/8″ | 3.1 mm
R VALUE: 0.4
Rolled Diameter: 20X80 = 3.5″
NOTE: Due to significant USPS 2023 increases of larger dimension shipping rates (especially the 40X80 sheets that must go Priority) the prices have had to go up. Check adjusted price in your carts.
IN STOCK – READY TO SHIP NOW
CANNOT SHIP OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.
The GoodNight EVA 1/8″ Evazote Foam Pad is the most versatile ultralight foam pad out there! Use it on its own for a super ultralight sleep pad, or stick it under your UL inflatable pad for added puncture protection and to boost your inflatables R-value. As a bonus, if your inflatable goes Kaflooy, you’ll have this pad as a backup to get you through the night! What else can it do? Use it as a non-slip surface under a SilNylon Bivy or sleeping pad, as a ground cloth, as a sit pad, as a gear sorting pad, or fold it and use it as a virtual frame in a frameless backpack.
The GoodNight EVA Foam Pad is made of Evazote® closed cell cross-linked ethylene copolymer foam. We use Evazote® foams, as they are tougher and more resilient than cheaper Plastazote foams. We use the lightest EVA available for a GoodNight! Note that all EVA foams of the same size and weight are the same.
NOTE: There is no way to make a certain weight and same size pad of EVA softer or stiffer. They are all the same. We are happy to have had stock of this critical hiker supply continually for over a year.
NOTE: Some pads may have small cosmetic imperfections or mailing crease marks. This is normal for all thin light foam pads. This does not affect performance. Small surface blemishes are normal and may occur during manufacture or shipping. Foam pads are not returnable.
* R VALUE: We conservatively estimate the R value at .4 . In real life field use, it depends on you system and you body weight comresssing the pad, the functional R Value may be higher. We estimate adding this thin 1/8″ pad under another sleep pad will add about 7-10 degrees extra comfort to the pad system. Example: Uninsulated inflatable UL pad good to 38 Degrees would then be good to about 30 degrees.
Looking for something a little thicker? Try our GoodNight EVA Hammock 1/4″ Foam Pad.
PRO FOAM TIP
Label one side as UP. Use Silver Sharpie. Always lay it with UP side UP. Keeps any small debis, pine needle tips, etc. that may stick to the foam away from your inflatable sleep pad. Fold in half before packing or rolling to keep the UP side clean. All thin foam of any type from any company should be protected from high heat. Temps above 120 degrees can cause shrinkage. Do not store in a hot car. Do not leave it unrolled on the ground in direct sun when actual ground temps on the dark foam or under a collapsed tent can go above 120 degrees. Shrinkage from hot temps is not covered by warranty.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS OUTSIDE THE US:
CANNOT SHIP OUTSIDE OF THE U.S. Dimensional size make the shipping cost very expensive.
Contact us first but expect to pay double to quadruple shipping costs.
• Tough & Resilient Evazote® closed cell cross-linked ethylene copolymer foam MADE IN THE USA
• Super UL
• Versatile: UL sleep pad, puncture protection, R-value Booster, ground cloth, sit pad, gear sort surface, virtual frame, non-slip under layer
• 20″ X 40″ | 51cm X 102cm $16
• 20″ X 60″ | 51cm X 152cm $23
• 20″ X 80″ | 51cm X 203cm $28
• 40″ X 80″ | 102cm X 203cm $59
** Listed sizes and their weights may vary +/- 5%.