All That. And More.
WEIGHT: 2.9 – 3.4 oz | 97 gm
Q: What do we love about the Burro Waist Pack? A: No matter how you choose to carry it, ALL your critical trail gear is secure with you at all times, period.
A year in the making, the Burro Waist Pack is the first backpacker specific front hip pack designed to work as part of your total Ultralight Hiking System.
Versatile, the Burro can be used in many different ways! The hipbelt can be removed and connected to your backpack hipbelt or main pack body directly with the accessory buckle and straps included. If you have an SUL beltless pack, it can also be used as the hipbelt. Move the Burro’s hipbelt strap to the top anchor loops, and it can be worn as a cross shoulder mini satchel. With the hipbelt removed, it can also be used as a chest pack on the backpack sternum strap.
A waist pack BIG enough for all the little daily essentials, the Burro means you can now carry ALL your quick-access items up front— your phone, camera, battery pack, cords, snacks, Ibuprophen, GPS, poop+pee supplies, map, Chapstick, headlamp, IFAK, water purification, knife, enemies list, bear spray, Bluetooth earbuds, fire starter, man stuff, woman stuff, picture of your mommy and hound dog, tiny house sketches, beer ID, and even your town stuff.
Many trail town stores do not allow backpacks inside. The Burro Waist Pack / fanny pack / belly pack helps carry the load.
Efficiency. Convenience. Safety. Versatility. Style! The Burro is all this and MORE!
Want to go a little smaller? Try the Burro’s little brother, the Burrito!
• Very tough and durable DX210d RipStop, SuperStretch, #5YKK WR zipper. (No Small #3 Here!)
• Included extra buckles+ strap components to attach directly to your pack if desired.
• Includes a stiff foam pad to use inside if desired. (0.2 oz | 5 gm)
• All seams double and triple stitched.
• Four inside sections.
• Front and back quick access SuperStretch pockets.
• Wrap over top zipper for large hands or large items.
• Bar-tacked Stress Points.
• Four inner sections/pockets.
• Inner Key Clip
• Highly Water Resistant. The zipper is #5 WR, the body fabric is WP, and the seams are double sewn tight
• Sized to hold slightly thicker objects. EX: Sony a6500w/16-50 mm, Sawyer Squeeze, 1 L Nalgene Bottle, etc.
• Curved bottom edges prevent upper thigh knocks.
• Waist belt wings tuck into the rear pocket.
• Reflecto Line Zipper Pulls. OD Green line pulls also included.
• Rear pocket side snaps to prevent objects from working their way out the open sides.
• Extra-long waistbelt 52″ can be easily cut down to any length to fit you perfectly.
• Shorter Shaped belt wings keep the buckle forward as much as possible, making attachment and adjustment easy.
• Topside strap loops to convert to a traditional vertical carry purse; look good out at night on the Camino!
INCLUDED BUCKLE & STRAP KIT CONTAINS
• Two ¾” | 25 mm Whistlelock Buckles
• Four Tri-Glide Adjusters
• 4′ | 1.3 m / ¾” / 25 mm Webbing
• Two 5″ | 6 cm Webbing Straps
• Two Z Clips**
** NOTE: If you do not want to use the Standard Belt, use these to directly attach the BURRO to your pack. A bit of rigging or sewing may be needed depending on your pack set up. See our video tab for more info.