The Lightest Fully Waterproof Tall Gaiters Made.
WEIGHT: 2.3 – 2.5 oz | 70 – 75 gm
Made with the same style and features as our SuperLight Gaiters, our LightSnow Gaiters, are designed to fit over light & thin leg insulation layers for use in snow and cold temperatures.
Switching to a lighter gaiter may be the least expensive and biggest weight & energy savings you can make in your kit. Saving weight on the lower legs and feet is critical. Foot (shoe, sock, pants, gaiter) weight must be lifted up and moved forward on every step. Weight in the backpack mainly moves forward – less up and down when walking compared to the foot. Moving an ounce ‘on the foot’ takes the same overall energy as moving 5 oz. ‘in the pack.’ (Think, running shoe vs. boot.) Most short gaiters weigh 4 to 8 oz. MLD gaiters save you the equivalent of 10 oz – 2 lbs in your pack!
Thanks to the excellent venting of the eVENT fabric, the Superlight Gaiter also adds a bit of warmth in cooler temperatures without getting your feet too hot and sweaty. eVENT is the most breathable waterproof fabric made with over 50% more vapor transmission than even Goretex XCR.
NOTE: These style gaiters require you put them on before you put on your shoes. Then, simply slide the bottom bungee cord under the shoe instep and then cinch the top bungee snug. Adjust the under foot bungee and tie a stopper knot to secure it at the proper length for your shoes and the set up is complete.
5 STAR REVIEW
• Fits to just below the knee
• Fits over the cuffs of light and medium hiking boots and lighter style XC/Backcountry ski boots; may not fit larger mountain boots or plastic tele boots
• 1/8″ bungee cord under foot
• Bottom edge has a hidden elastic sleeve that automatically stretches over the shoe to make for a tight fit
• Anchored one-hand-use bungee drawcord top
• No heavy zippers, Velcro or buckles to fail or clog with snow or dirt
• Toe shoelace anchor clip is tough plastic and clips on tightly – No small metal hooks to rust or slip-off
• Pack Small – pictured above (in the hand) are a pair of large sized gaiters
• Tough enough for many seasons of use and should last most users one full thru-hike