DCF RAIN PONCHO
The Lightest Poncho Tarp Ever Made.
WEIGHT: 4.2 – 5.2 oz | 120 – 145 gm
The Cuben DCF Poncho Tarp is a super ultralight minimalist poncho, tarp shelter and pack cover! This Super Ultralight rain poncho is for experienced ‘Super Ultralight Hikers.’ It is much smaller and less durable than the Silnylon Rain Poncho or the MLD Pro Rain Poncho.
MLD DCF Poncho was used by Joe “Stringbean” McConaughy on his incredible Appalachian Trail FKT record. https://www.outsideonline.com/2238411/how-set-speed-record
If you expect significant rain or off trail hiking, this may not be the poncho to choose. However, if you are looking to cut your pack weight to the absolute minimum, this is IT!
For more photos, and to see this product in action, check out BACK PACKING LIGHT.
• Traditional hole-in-the-middle basic hood design
• Hood is offset forward for more pack coverage in ‘poncho mode’
• Hood has four reinforcement points to aid tight pitching and to distribute stress on the hood hole in Tarp Mode if desired. Hood has approx + 0.2 oz inside stabilizer bungee (pictured) that is used to prevent stretch in ‘tarp mode’ if desired. Many users will not need this feature.
• Two snap sets per side
• Eight tie-outs with bonded DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric A.K.A. Cuben Fiber) reinforcements
Note: No Tarp Pole grommets used in the tie-outs to save weight. CF Poles are optional, and guylines can be quickly girth hitched to the pole tips if desired.
• Waist bungee cord + Cordlock
• Silnylon Stuff Sack
• MLD Pro Guyline
For coverage interpolation the Cuben DCF Poncho Tarp is pictured on a rugged 6’1″ model wearing a small pack.